GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone know of any current discounts/deals on oil right now?

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
It's really hard to beat ECS complete service kits. I ran the equivalent of this in my previous Tdi. Price is $40 all the time and includes: oil, OEM filter, new OEM drain plug and an oil change sticker

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assembled-by-ecs-parts/economy-oil-service-kit/gen3ecoktkt/

Wonder why we never heard of that oil? Not a bad price. If you buy the filters in bulk you can meet that price with the big name oils too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Amazon generally seems to match walmart sales within a few days. Generally get edge 0w-40 or mobil1 0w-40 for 20ish prime shipped give or take. Just keep it in your cart, or just camelcamelcamel or keepa and set up a watch for when the oils go on sale.

Sir_Mk7r

Ready to race!
I buy oil service kits from ecs like gtijake recommended. I actually just got my second shipment of liqui moly in the other day. Well packaged and only takes 3 or 4 days to come in with standard shipping. I think if you spend 50 you get free shipping so I always use that as an excuse to buy something small for my car each time. last time I got the cts oil filter housing and this time I bought a billet dipstick.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Maybe, but Shell manufactures a much better product I think.

Vaico is just a German offbrand, like Meyle or something.

505 cert though. I couldn't find anything reasonably priced with that cert when I shopped.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Maybe, but Shell manufactures a much better product I think.

Vaico is just a German offbrand, like Meyle or something.

Just an option, not what I use on my mk7

Every change since new has been liquid moly, I don't mind paying a little extra since I'm keeping this car beyond 200k

ManInTheClouds

Ready to race!
Just an option, not what I use on my mk7

Every change since new has been liquid moly, I don't mind paying a little extra since I'm keeping this car beyond 200k

LM Leichtlauf is a great oil, though this Shell platinum has been posting some excellent UOAs.

For the money, it's tough to go wrong with either - but the Shell platinum is only $30 for a full 6qts.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
LM Leichtlauf is a great oil, though this Shell platinum has been posting some excellent UOAs.

For the money, it's tough to go wrong with either - but the Shell platinum is only $30 for a full 6qts.

This stuff? http://a.co/e6gSDGG

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Isn’t that pennzoil

Shell is the parent company. I don't see an actual "Shell" brand oil sold in the US at least.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Shell is the parent company. I don't see an actual "Shell" brand oil sold in the US at least.

Rotella is the first Shell oil that comes to mind I’ve seen on the shelf. It’s a pretty good heavy duty oil. Even used it in my motorcycle sometimes lol.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Yes, Pennzoil = SOPUS = Shell Oil Products US

IDK why they persist with the Pennzoil brand.

Where can 6qt be purchased for $30? Best I can do is $45 on Amazon with 15% Subscribe and Save.

DasTurboWagen

Ready to race!

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Sorta messed up that the Walmart Pennzoil product page is for 0W-40 and the picture is 5W-30.

I didn't realize Mobil 1 0W-40 Euro has MB-Approval 229.5. Why pay more then?