GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quick sway bar question

B95zP

Ready to race!
What did you do to your sway? And any good fabricator could make new brackets if for some reason you really needed that. I have custom brackets all over my racing stuff

Decided I didn't need a larger front sway on a FWD so I went back to OE. With my level of driving skills I felt messing with the dynamics of handling beyond a rear sway didn't make sense.

I'd say it'd be far easier to buy an new OE front sway at $200 versus the cost & time of finding someone local to fab brackets.

I may end up removing the rear Eurocode bar down the road too for APR's new offering.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
OP, they're (ST and 034) both chunks of solid metal of the same diameter. One has an extra hole on the arm to connect the links and costs about $100 more here. If the outside hole on the 034 is the same distance from the cross bar as the ST hole, then the 034 could be set up to run a little stiffer than the ST.

If my only choices were these two, I'd buy the ST.

heydabop

Passed Driver's Ed
OP, they're (ST and 034) both chunks of solid metal of the same diameter. One has an extra hole on the arm to connect the links and costs about $100 more here. If the outside hole on the 034 is the same distance from the cross bar as the ST hole, then the 034 could be set up to run a little stiffer than the ST.

If my only choices were these two, I'd buy the ST.

FWIW I've heard the ST 25mm is hollow. I suppose this is something I could've checked as I was installing mine but I didn't think to...

That said, very happy with it post installation, can certainly feel it when cornering quickly. Well worth the investment even on stock tires.