GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quick sway bar question

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Last edited:

tknj99

Ready to race!
$323 is for both bars. You wouldn't want to be unmatched ...

Aha, gotcha.. good deal then.. if an RSB makes this much improvement, i can only imagine how much better things would be with the Front SB installed as well.. i'll prob stick as is for now as im very happy and then look to better tires in the future ..

paulgarnett6

Ready to race!
Lamo

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
In this kit what brackets are used with the front?
OE would have to be drilled out.
Not sure if usable after.

You drill the nuts out and they supply you with new hardware. You don't have to buy anything else besides the bars and use supplied bushing and hardware. I like the red Powdercoating too although nobody will ever see it haha

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I also have the ST RSB and it's been great. You can get it super cheap, sometimes cheaper when auto anything has it in stock. Easy install, great performance.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
You drill the nuts out and they supply you with new hardware. You don't have to buy anything else besides the bars and use supplied bushing and hardware. I like the red Powdercoating too although nobody will ever see it haha

Reason for my question was the picture shown of the kit had no brackets.
Quality of brackets would also determine choice for me.
They show bushing but not front brackets.
I know rears easy to reuse.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Reason for my question was the picture shown of the kit had no brackets.
Quality of brackets would also determine choice for me.
They show bushing but not front brackets.
I know rears easy to reuse.

You reuse the bracket itself

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Pretty sure more people are unmatched than they are matched. I've seen many more rear sway bar replacements than I have front/both.

Well it's not like the car will become horrible by stiffening only the rear

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
To get the front brackets off does one not have to drill out the nut as they are a press fit? Once drilled is the nut now not usable?
My Eibach fronts came with vw bracket mounted over bushing and on bar.
Not a simple remove and replace.
Sorry for questions.

They have a full color instruction guide on their website. They give you replacement nuts to replace the ones you drill out

B95zP

Ready to race!
Yeah but it's $500 and Eurocode's is $323 and has adjustability. Kind of a no brainer https://www.ecodetuning.com/eurocod...-bar-set-mqb-fwd-chassis.html?category_id=650

Not really a no brainer my Eurocode front sway now is good for wall art or the recycle bin. Also if you screw up the OE removal you're in a bad place.

I'd suggest going APR w/ brackets(or other manufacturers with an included bracket), that way you can resell it.

To get the front brackets off does one not have to drill out the nut as they are a press fit? Once drilled is the nut now not usable?
My Eibach fronts came with vw bracket mounted over bushing and on bar.
Not a simple remove and replace.
Sorry for questions.

Yes, and they don't sell just the special hexnuts, so if you remove the Eurocode bar you can't do anything with it.

Last edited:

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Not really a no brainer my Eurocode front sway now is good for wall art or the recycle bin. Also if you screw up the OE removal you're in a bad place.

I'd suggest going APR w/ brackets(or other manufacturers with an included bracket), that way you can resell it.

Yes, and they don't sell just the special hexnuts, so if you remove the Eurocode bar you can't do anything with it.

What did you do to your sway? And any good fabricator could make new brackets if for some reason you really needed that. I have custom brackets all over my racing stuff

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
They have a full color instruction guide on their website. They give you replacement nuts to replace the ones you drill out

More questions.
The OE bar, when removed looked like the 2 piece bracket is pressed together.
It looked like it you drill out nut you would need to be very careful to not drill into lower bracket. I think a bar that uses a new and removable
Bracket/bushing would be best.