GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quick sway bar question

paulgarnett6

Ready to race!
Going to buy a sway bar at weekend,Don't know much about them but familiar with what they do.so ST black edition rsb £130
034 rsb £300. Now I'm not a racing driver so and no expert but don't want to buy cheap and buy twice.
Is 034 worth the extra or would the ST DO same job as they are both decent brands.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Likely both work.
I have not seen ST but the 034 has some great bushings and they are great able.
At least the versions I have seen. Sort of up to you and cost.
The 034 stuff I have used has been good. They also make good end links but you can reuse the OE end links. Others might know info on the ST's.

If 034 made a front bar I would have had the set.
Used Eibach sway bar set instead. Like red.

MK7brian

Passed Driver's Ed
I run the ST rear sway bar for autocross. It is not really noticeable for daily driving but when you start pushing the car, the back end rotates much nicer. Plus the ST bar is very nice quality. The one thing I've noticed is with the stiffer bar the mounting bolts (not the end link bolts) backed out once and created a creaking sound. I just torqued them back down and haven't had the issue since.

tknj99

Ready to race!
I run the ST rear sway bar for autocross. It is not really noticeable for daily driving but when you start pushing the car, the back end rotates much nicer. Plus the ST bar is very nice quality. The one thing I've noticed is with the stiffer bar the mounting bolts (not the end link bolts) backed out once and created a creaking sound. I just torqued them back down and haven't had the issue since.

I also have the ST RSB and would mostly agree with this statement, with the addition that for me I noticed a pretty big difference in handling once installed. Before the ST RSB with the stock Hankook's the front end would understeer or start "wafting" as I call it during fast corners, now she holds the line very well.. i no longer feel the need to have to replace tires immediately :) very happy.. and all for only $150..

Make sure to use some locktite (i used blue) on the bolts just in case. I also sprayed some white lithium grease on the bushings for good measure although claimed to not be needed.

heydabop

Passed Driver's Ed
Bought the 25mm ST RSB recently but can't comment on performance yet as I broke the triple square on one of my end links and am awaiting a replacement (should be here tomorrow). That said I've heard a lot of good things about it hence why I bought it.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Instead of the ST bar right now you can get the eurocode bar for the same price and it's nicer and adjustable. Just got the whole set and I'm impressed.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion

tknj99

Ready to race!
$6 less and no adjustability. Lame

Actually make that $11 less in my case as I filled out their survey to receive $5 credit.... less lame lol

And unless i'm reading that link wrong, not sure how $157 is $6 less than $323.. or maybe i'm just of the age group that is better at math ;)

Last edited:

paulgarnett6

Ready to race!
Actually make that $11 less in my case as I filled out their survey to receive $5 credit.... less lame lol

And unless i'm reading that link wrong, not sure how $157 is $6 less than $323.. or maybe i'm just of the age group that is better at math ;)
Maths
Do the math
Better at maths

tknj99

Ready to race!
Maths
Do the math
Better at maths