GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introducing: The AWE Tuning Mk7 GTI Exhaust Suite

LG3MK7

Ready to race!
Glad you're enjoying it!

The muffler will suck up to the belly by giving the coordinating clamps some extra "oomph." The clamps can take it. Give it a try.
Yeah one thing I liked was those heavy duty clamps. Hand tightened the first time around and it sagged, 2nd time I used an air tools lol. Been solid so far, don't think it's going anywhere.

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance
Yeah one thing I liked was those heavy duty clamps. Hand tightened the first time around and it sagged, 2nd time I used an air tools lol. Been solid so far, don't think it's going anywhere.

Okay. Got ya.

Pic for reference:

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Each time I read notes from you a solid smirk arrives on my face as a result of you're enjoyment from your configuration given the amount of research you did before pulling the trigger. Big thumbs up.

<snip... >
The things that sold me on AWE's exhaust is...
#1: fairly local. If I have any problems I can get help quickly.
FWIW, I have had zero problems with the exhaust.

#2: Support a local company. Kinda flows with #1 :D

#3: customer service from all I've read is first rate. Every problem review I've read was quickly addressed and both the customer and AWE walk away rock stars :D

And finally...

Attachments

• 1p5akk.jpg
    1p5akk.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 412

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Awesome!

Ha. I totally understand. Be sure to leave no rock unturned when the time comes to make the move to DP land as many have noted (myself included) that the Track Edition paired to a DP, whether it be catted or catless, can be a bit too rowdy for some. I recommend our catted DP with the Touring Edition conversion simply because the exhaust note is pretty dang perfect (IMO).

I feel Track exhaust + Stock DP is too sedate for my taste. I feel adding the downpipe with my Track exhaust will give the exact tone i am looking for. But I could not make a call based on the videos posted in youtube. So still debating which configuration to go for.

By any chance are you guys looking to add any dealers in Michigan.

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance
The things that sold me on AWE's exhaust is...
#1: fairly local. If I have any problems I can get help quickly.
FWIW, I have had zero problems with the exhaust.

#2: Support a local company. Kinda flows with #1 :D

#3: customer service from all I've read is first rate. Every problem review I've read was quickly addressed and both the customer and AWE walk away rock stars :D

And finally...

I LOL'd at that meme. I haven't seen that meme in quite a while. Nice edit :cool:

I knew the muffler was supposed to go closer to the belly! I love my track exhaust but everyone whose driven behind me comments on how low the muffler sits. It seems bolted on pretty good but I guess it can take more, time to readjust.

Hammer 'em home, Greek!

I feel Track exhaust + Stock DP is too sedate for my taste. I feel adding the downpipe with my Track exhaust will give the exact tone i am looking for. But I could not make a call based on the videos posted in youtube. So still debating which configuration to go for.

By any chance are you guys looking to add any dealers in Michigan.

It may give you the tone you desire on the outside, but the inside is where I lend caution! But it may not even phase you... so it could be your preferred route.

Regarding your question: PM or email me. Let's chat.

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance
Checking in from the West Coast... I've had the AWE touring exhausts on my previous car (mk6 Golf TDI), as well as my current GTI. Love all the way around. Civilized in the neighborhood, and rowdy when I want it to be.

Nice. Stock DP I see. Glad you're liking it and thanks for the continued support :)

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
Ok, so muffler seemed to be hanging too low. Took it back to my mechanic, we put it on the lift, and tightened the clamps to the point where there is literally only a fingers width of space between the muffler and the belly. Any higher and it would probably bang the belly on bumps.

Didn't significantly raise the muffler up but at least gave me peace of mind knowing it was tight. Now I noticed my tips are not evenly aligned. Looks like the whole system needs to be shifted to the left when looking at it from the back.

Questions:

1) Any suggestions on adjusting the exhaust left/right? Up and down is pretty easy with tightening the clamps, not sure how to tackle this side to side.

2) Can anyone post of pic of their car directly from the side? The muffler still seems to sit wayyy too low to my eye, but maybe that just the way it is. I can't imagine being lowered with this exhaust, no way it would go a week without bottoming out.

Again, maybe I'm just seeing things?

eobie

Ready to race!
I have an APR Downpipe and just had my AWE Track with black diamond tips fitted last week. Was loud at first but either I got used to it or it tamed down a bit cause I love the way it sounds.

FlyingNugget

Go Kart Newbie
Ok, so muffler seemed to be hanging too low. Took it back to my mechanic, we put it on the lift, and tightened the clamps to the point where there is literally only a fingers width of space between the muffler and the belly. Any higher and it would probably bang the belly on bumps.

Didn't significantly raise the muffler up but at least gave me peace of mind knowing it was tight. Now I noticed my tips are not evenly aligned. Looks like the whole system needs to be shifted to the left when looking at it from the back.

Questions:

1) Any suggestions on adjusting the exhaust left/right? Up and down is pretty easy with tightening the clamps, not sure how to tackle this side to side.

2) Can anyone post of pic of their car directly from the side? The muffler still seems to sit wayyy too low to my eye, but maybe that just the way it is. I can't imagine being lowered with this exhaust, no way it would go a week without bottoming out.

Again, maybe I'm just seeing things?

I might have a similar issue.

My rear hangers do not both sit pointing straight down. One of the rear hangers is pointing a bit to the rear(or front, I forget), and it seems like I've made a mistake when installing, or one of the angles on the pipes is a bit off. One of my tips sticks out a bit more than the other -- luckily the tips are adjustable, and you can't tell when looking at it.

I played around with the fitment, tightening, loosening, and readjusting for hours with no luck. I'm going loosen things off and try again in the near future.