GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project Red XIII: avenali312's OEM+ GTI

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Point 1: I'm a nerd. Some of you will already know that based on the Final Fantasy VII reference in the thread title.

Point 2: This "build" will not be extravagant by any means, nor will it be quick. I've always had a very OEM+ mentality with my cars and I will only be doing work as the budget allows.

A lot of my inspiration is going to come from what I liked about my MKV. I was very happy with the way it was sitting when I traded up to the MK7.

Finally, on to the car itself...

2015 Volkswagen GTI
S Trim | LP | DSG
Purchased used with 7,917 miles

I had to pull some mods off of the MKV before trading, so pickup happened a couple days later.

First thing that had to happen was to get approval from Lily, our cavapoo puppy. She likes the cloth much more than the leather that was in the MKV.

Installed the ECS Flush Kit from my MKV - 10mm F / 15mm R

The MK7 attended its first get-together with durtydubs in Atlanta at Red Brick Brewery.

SoWhat 2017 Prep

SoWhat 2017

That's all for now. My next post will probably be outlining what mods I have planned in the future. I also need to document what OBDeleven coding I've done so far so I have it written down somewhere other than my phone.

Last edited:

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
OBDeleven tweaks to date (procured from various threads and forums):

Soundaktor Off
- A9 Actuator for Structure-Borne Sound
- Adaptation
- Volume of structure-borne noise actuator
- 0%
- OK
- Accept

Gauge Sweep
- 17 Instrument
- Long Coding
- Byte 1
- Enable bit 0

Instruments to Carbon Fiber Background
- 17 Instrument
- Adaptation
- Display depiction
- Version 2

ESC Options
- 03 ABS
- Long Coding
- Byte 29
Hex Values
05 - ESC ON/ASR Off/ESC OFF
06 - ESC ON/ESC SPORT / ESC OFF
09 - Stock

Disable Driver's Door Open Tone
- 17 Instrument
- Adaptations
- Ignition active message; Trigger
- Change to "No display"

Comfort Turn Signal Blink Count Adjustment
- 09 Central Electronic
- Secuity Access = 31347
- Adaptation
- 2: Turn Signal Controls-Komfortblinken Blinkzykien
- New Value = 5 (Default is 3)
- Reset Lighting to factory settings in infotainment

Comfort Close Windows with Keyfob
- 09 Central Electronics
- 10 Adaptations
- 2 Access Control 2 - Comfort opening > active
- 3 Access Control 3 - Comfort closing > active
Key fob
- 7 Access Control 2 - Funk komfort oeffnen > active
- 6 Access Control 2 - Funk komfort schilessen > active
Menu
- 27 Access Control 2 - Menuesteuerung komfortbedienung einstellbar > adjustableKessy
- 20 Access control 2 - Kessy komfort schilessen > active
- Make sure option is checked in infotainment menu

Passenger Mirror Dip in Reverse
- 52 Passenger Door
- 07 Long Coding
- Byte 4
- Enable bit 2 and 3 (Do not enable bit 1 unless you have memory seats)
Then...
- 09 Central Electronics
- Secuity Access = 31347
- Adaptation
- 17 Access control 2 - Spiegelabsenkung bei Rueckwaertsfahrt > active
Then...
- 22 Access control 2 - Menuesteuerung Spiegelabsenkung > active (Adds option to infotainment menu)
- Activate in infotainment menu
- Mirror switch has to be on the passenger setting and shifter in Reverse to work

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Appointment for Saturday to get the windows tinted before the Georgia summer gets into full swing. State law is 32%, so I'll probably do 35% all the way around in Llumar CTX.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Ordered some Emmanuel Design springs today from FAS Tuning. Won't get to install them until July when I make my annual pilgrimage home to PA where I have assistance from my dad, but really looking forward to getting rid of some wheel gap.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I'd like to know what you think of those springs on Atl roads once they're in. Do you have DCC?

I'll try to remember to update you in a month haha. I do not have DCC, but the Atlanta roads I drive on aren't really that bad (at least not compared to the snow/salt destroyed roads I grew up on). I live near the new Braves stadium, so all of that was recently repaved, and I work in Buckhead where the roads tend to get a bit more love. I'll let you know.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Special thanks to Solarworks Glass Tinting in Roswell, GA for the great product and attention to detail. Summer should be much more bearable now.

Llumar CTX 35% on all four doors, front quarter glass, and the hatch

Last edited:

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
Passenger Mirror Dip in Reverse:

I have always been confused about this: this works W/O power folding mirrors?

JacobAllison

Ready to race!

Yep, works fine with any mirrors. Also works great with the power folding mirrors. Very occasionally sits there long enough that you adjust it back up, then you look over and it's pointing at the sky. Note: It will NOT 'save' your setting unless you adjust the position with the car parked.

lokerola

Ready to race!
Man these cars look so good in red! Congrats on the sweet ride.

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
Yep, works fine with any mirrors. Also works great with the power folding mirrors. Very occasionally sits there long enough that you adjust it back up, then you look over and it's pointing at the sky. Note: It will NOT 'save' your setting unless you adjust the position with the car parked.

w00t. will be coding this asap. So you're saying if i turn the accessories on, adjust the mirror, down to where i usually do, it will "remember" that position?

thx, fellas

JacobAllison

Ready to race!
w00t. will be coding this asap. So you're saying if i turn the accessories on, adjust the mirror, down to where i usually do, it will "remember" that position?

thx, fellas
Don't have to be acc, just stopped and in neutral or park. Possibly wants the parking brake on but you may have to experiment.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Yup. Works perfectly fine with my non-power-folding mirrors. It goes down when in reverse and the mirror adjustment knob is set to R and goes back up after going in park for a few seconds or turning the mirror adjustment knob back to 0.

I think I got lucky and my normal mirror position is pretty close to where it goes after returning. Once in a while I'll adjust it back down a couple millimeters, but it's never pointed to the sky and been un-usable for me.