GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Also; the jb4 obviously includes the AFR wire and the OBD cable. The buyer says the jb4 looks like it has a "cleaner" look.

I just wanted to do my due diligence as a seller and make sure he is 100% satisfied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are the same. My the latest JB1 has the OBD wiring already in place. No difference. I have a JB4 and an upgraded JB1 to JB4 and they look the same to me.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Like say 2K? Does the LC software still work?

Also, wheel spin wasn't particularly bad on this launch.

At any rate, LC isn't my concern (I only use it to show friends), I just hope it's not indicative of timing pull generally in day to day driving.

2000rpm is on the low side. Try 3400 or around there. I think that is what it recommends in the manual as well.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Just wanted to confirm because a potential buyer is hesitant. There is zero difference between the jb4 unit that BMS sells and a jb1 upgraded by the customer to the jb4.

In the end, they are the same housing, wire harnesses, etc. same everything, correct?

You might have a Revision 1 JB1 so the harness has got a different cover and the actual unit has a different enclosure. Once they upgraded operationally they identical.

Ferretvrs

Tune2Win

Hey guys,

I have serious connection issues with the bluetooth module. I placed it on the left side of the battery inside the cover. I'm never able to get it connected when the phone is in the dock (right beside the sat-nav screen). If I hold the phone close to the winscreen it sometimes connects after 5 - 10 attempts. It even doesn't connect flawlessly when I open the hood and put the phone right next to the module.
If it's connected once it stays connected most of the time but you can see from the gages that there's a massive input lag and it even looses data (e.g. gear isn't updated after some shifts).
Any hints how to improve this an more important is there a way to power the unit and test this outside the car? It's so anoying putting this in and out of the car back and forth.

@George: I allready sent you an email about this. Don't know if you were too busy atm but if not could you check your spam folder please?

Regards Florian

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Hey guys,

I have serious connection issues with the bluetooth module. I placed it on the left side of the battery inside the cover. I'm never able to get it connected when the phone is in the dock (right beside the sat-nav screen). If I hold the phone close to the winscreen it sometimes connects after 5 - 10 attempts. It even doesn't connect flawlessly when I open the hood and put the phone right next to the module.
If it's connected once it stays connected most of the time but you can see from the gages that there's a massive input lag and it even looses data (e.g. gear isn't updated after some shifts).
Any hints how to improve this an more important is there a way to power the unit and test this outside the car? It's so anoying putting this in and out of the car back and forth.

@George: I allready sent you an email about this. Don't know if you were too busy atm but if not could you check your spam folder please?

Regards Florian

I had the same problem. Who produces the bluetooth module is not the BMS. Send an e-mail to Donnie Wittbrodt
dmacpro91@icloud.com

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks Mauricio.
Can you explain what the problem was? Was it a broken unit or something that could be fixed easily?

My module had connection problems like yours, they sent me a new one and it works fine.

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Are you on android? I'm using a galaxy s7 and have the same connection issue. But i haven't noticed any lag in the gauges once connected. The developer mentioned it being an android related issue. I'm going to try my iPad mini and see if it improves.

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Also make sure the bluetooth connect is pointing into the cabin. Positioning helped connectivity a great deal.

Scrodee

Ready to race!
I have had some issues with the Bluetooth staying connected as well.
I found that the positap had loosened up a bit. I snugged it down and, while I still lose the connection here and there, it's not nearly as bad as it was.

Tune2Win

I've read that George recommended to check the Positap and checked that but mine was connected fine and to be honest it's not an option for me to loose connection here and there considering the price of the connect kit.
However I contacted Donnie and he will replace it. So if the new module works I'm fine with that.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I have mine in top of the battery facing the cabin, not under the cover and my phone on a magnetic holder on the vents, no issues, however if my phone is anywhere else besides that position it loses the signal quick