GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Differences in CF mirror caps

Pilg0re

Hello everyone!

I see that there are CF mirror caps ranging from $100 (eBay) to $350 (https://shopdap.com/store/make-mode...rs/mk7-gti-golf-carbon-fiber-mirror-caps.html)

They seem like all of them are just overlaid over oem caps and then take the place of your original caps. Are there any that aren't like this and are made with multiple layers of CF or is the price difference coming from the quality of the weave, alignment, etc?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Hello everyone!

I see that there are CF mirror caps ranging from $100 (eBay) to $350 (https://shopdap.com/store/make-mode...rs/mk7-gti-golf-carbon-fiber-mirror-caps.html)

They seem like all of them are just overlaid over oem caps and then take the place of your original caps. Are there any that aren't like this and are made with multiple layers of CF or is the price difference coming from the quality of the weave, alignment, etc?

Thanks!

OSIR Tuning makes a full CF cap. They also charge a pretty penny for it.

Try Cars245 web site. Breaking Badly Forum member provided some part info on VW OE style CF caps that are much like OSIR caps. Not sure if price is each or for a set. I would verify.

5G0857538hvt1 and 5G0857537hvt1
I have price as $310. Not if each or for set.
The above part number look like they are for left and right side. Again, check price.

Pilg0re

OSIR Tuning makes a full CF cap. They also charge a pretty penny for it.

Try Cars245 web site. Breaking Badly Forum member provided some part info on VW OE style CF caps that are much like OSIR caps. Not sure if price is each or for a set. I would verify.

5G0857538hvt1 and 5G0857537hvt1
I have price as $310. Not if each or for set.
The above part number look like they are for left and right side. Again, check price.

Thank you, I will look into it! Probably just going to suck it up and find some OEM ones.

Cheap carbon fiber will fail in the elements, guaranteed. Stick with OEM and put a CF vinyl on it.

I couldn't do it to myself to put vinyl on there but that is a good suggestion for longevity.

Sportwagen SEL

Ready to race!
I purchased a pair from USP motorsports last year since it was cheaper (only $160) than the rest of the higher end ones ($250-500+) & I'm sad to say that the finish on the drivers side has degraded very noticeably. It's hard to say whether or not their product as a whole is good or bad because the passenger side still looks like new, so I'm currently looking into getting a replacement from them (in case mine was defective) before coming to any blanket conclusions.

theRdude

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys . So had a pair of this on my previous car for almost a year and they looked like new when I sold the car . I don't remember exactly how much I paid but they were in 100$ price range and I've got them from eBay . They were overlaid with CF on top of oe caps . Cheers