GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VCDS Exhaust Flap Coding Problem

Labbatt33

Ready to race!
So I decided to code my flaps off with VagCom to see how it sounded. The result was terrible with a Neuspeed DP and the stock CBE with res delete. My issue now is getting the flaps back on. I keep getting a coding error (31) Request out of range when I attempt to check bit 1 and bit 2 .

Has anyone else run into this? I have a base 2016 MT if it matters.

Labbatt33

Ready to race!
I looked back at my old logs and verified that the long coding was the same but the valves are still open. I tried doing output test for the valves but the controller refused the request.

deathmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
I coded mine open once I got a downpipe on but only left it for a day before I switched back. It's gone back to the original operation with no problems at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Labbatt33

Ready to race!
Well as random luck would have it, the slip connector from the res. delete to cbe slid back, causing me to think the valve coding was not working. All is good now.

KO7

Ready to race!
Curious to know if it sounded bad or just too loud and droney with it open all the time with an aftermarket DP and res delete midpipe.

deathmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
Curious to know if it sounded bad or just too loud and droney with it open all the time with an aftermarket DP and res delete midpipe.

I have a CTS down/midpipe mated to the stock exhaust right now. When I had the coding for the flaps to stay open, there was a little drone, but it wasn't annoying to me. I just didn't like the sound that much w/stock. I have a custom exhaust coming so I'll see what it sounds like after I can get it put on, I'm hoping it'll be a lot better!

vw671

Autocross Newbie
So I decided to code my flaps off with VagCom to see how it sounded. The result was terrible with a Neuspeed DP and the stock CBE with res delete. My issue now is getting the flaps back on. I keep getting a coding error (31) Request out of range when I attempt to check bit 1 and bit 2 .

Has anyone else run into this? I have a base 2016 MT if it matters.

I have disabled/enabled my flaps a couple of times but I only touch bit #2.

Here are my notes:
Go to Engine Control Module (#1), then Coding in the submenu. Navigate to Byte 9, then you will see Bit 2 in a checked state. Uncheck it, hit the checkbox at the bottom to save changes and done.