GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best tune for long term

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Why not make my first post in a tune opinion thread lol anyway...

I've had my 2017 mk7r ecu/dsg tuned by UM aggressive file, since 5 days after I got it in January and couldn't be happier, no issues and it's fast, 4700 miles, we have 93 oct here with up to 10% ethonal, for what it's worth, I'm really happy with it, tuner recommended and I trust him and couldn't be happier, already piling up "stage 2" go fast parts and will report back, but once again, couldn't recommend UM's "aggressive stage 1 ecu/dsg tune" on a drop in filter car only any higher, it's been an animal for 5000 miles almost unbelievable that nothing but the air filter been replaced, and that stupid grate/air silencer tossed in the garbage. And the 3 launch options are sweet too.

cal45

Ready to race!
I'm having a hard time figuring out why people need to flash back to stock for simple service visits. If you get a flash tune, it doesn't matter if you get flagged during service, or flagged if you have to take the car in for something going wrong...either way you're flagged.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm with you here. I have the Unitronic Stage 1+ tune and already had the car in for the 10,000 mile service (and didn't flash it back and don't plan to). Like others have said, the counter is already marked so if VW is looking for it, they will find it.

rr1santos

Ready to race!
I'm not concerned about flagged or not lol

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I've been APR stage 1 and now stage 2. I got the APR tune first week it was released in Australia Dec 14. I have one of the first revision turbo's too and so far so good. No issues at all with anything in that time. 2 1/2 years tuned.

If warranty is your primary concern then JB4 probably the best path as least likely to be found. I said least likely because I'm confident that VW could find that you had it if they looked hard enough. Of course it would flag on ECU that you're running around 4-5psi more boost than stock. I believe people are naive if they believe that JB4 completely undetectable.

If your Manual- been shown that basically any tune too much for the stock clutch. If you're DSG then should be fine but again advise for DSG tune to increase the clutch clamping but mainly to improve the shift points in driving modes making it much better.

It pains me when people who have no knowledge of how something works have beliefs.