GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Flow-Formed VMR v803's Review

BustaLota

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all! I finally got a new set of wheels to replace my old VMR v710's with. I picked up a set of flow-formed VMR v803's to replace them, powdercoated in a glossy black finish. Specs are 19x8.5 ET45. The finish is amazing, I hope my iPhone camera was able to pickup the glossy sheen that these wheels give off! I was expecting a standard black but this is akin to a piano black finish, which looks awesome and helps them stand out even more.

Fitment is perfect and the wheels are a bit stronger and lighter due to the flow-forming process. Hopefully this thread helps anybody looking at new wheel options! Feel free to ask any questions, thanks!

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
Nope that's closer to a Polestar rebel blue. I tried but couldn't land a V60 in that spec.

BustaLota

Passed Driver's Ed
Is your car fully wrapped? Must have been expensive af

Yes sir. Had a buddy that I've been working with (he makes custom decals and vinyl wraps) for years wrap it. Cost about $2k including materials, which were about $1300 or so if I'm not mistaken. Shops wanted upwards of $5k at the highest to wrap it, $3k at the lowest.

I was initially going to go with the whole clear bra thing on the entire front end, which would've been expensive as well so I figured this would be the better route — I'm able to change the color dramatically to one of my dream colors and protect the car simultaneously! It's been holding up amazingly, even through brutal Michigan winters.

BustaLota

Passed Driver's Ed
Nope that's closer to a Polestar rebel blue. I tried but couldn't land a V60 in that spec.

Wannabe Focus RS in that color scheme??

Yep, what Kevin said! Definitely closer to Polestar's blue. Porsche's Riviera blue was also an inspiration. So many people think I was copying the RS but honestly I've wanted this color for the past few years now.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Hey all! I finally got a new set of wheels to replace my old VMR v710's with. I picked up a set of flow-formed VMR v803's to replace them, powdercoated in a glossy black finish. Specs are 19x8.5 ET45. The finish is amazing, I hope my iPhone camera was able to pickup the glossy sheen that these wheels give off! I was expecting a standard black but this is akin to a piano black finish, which looks awesome and helps them stand out even more.

Fitment is perfect and the wheels are a bit stronger and lighter due to the flow-forming process. Hopefully this thread helps anybody looking at new wheel options! Feel free to ask any questions, thanks!

Were you in Indiana last weekend? Saw an r this shade going the other direction. There can't be that many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely LOVE that wrap. I am about to pull the trigger on a wrap myself. I was considering a similar blue, but think i'm going British Racing Green.

Did you get the door jams et al done?