GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Offset front license plate mount that works with parking sensors?

todd92

Passed Driver's Ed
All tow hook mount license brackets WILL have DAP sensor issues no matter what they do unless you bend your plates so badly, and it will look so bad.
And they will not stay the way you want unless you weld it shut or use Loctite.

Not true, zero issues with my US Millworks, it doesn't move, plate did not have to be bent, no car wash issues.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
There is variance in the sensor alignment in these cars. Tow hook mounts will work in some cars, will work marginally in some cars, and will not work at all in some cars. YMMV.

Yeah and don't get me wrong if yours was out when I bought my car I would of been all over it ! Eventually I'll probably sell my rho and buy yours cause I don't "mind" the tow hook look but I don't love the look either

iPhone using Tapatalk VIP

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Yeah and don't get me wrong if yours was out when I bought my car I would of been all over it ! Eventually I'll probably sell my rho and buy yours cause I don't "mind" the tow hook look but I don't love the look either

Right on...if the tow hook is working for you no need to change.

I had tow hook mount for 2 days. I thought it look repulsive, so I sold it.

Granted no plate looks the best for sure, but I tried to do all I could to make the front plate more livable for guys who have to run one.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I had tow hook mount for 2 days. I thought it look repulsive, so I sold it.

We all hate front plates, but the tow hook mount position draws my eye right to the plate.
Makes me more aware of the plate.
I tend to tune out bumper mounted plates, because they're integrated, and that's where every cars plate is.

MDLBC

Ready to race!

I've had your plate on since October and it has been flawless. Not worth the hassle to leave it off and give CHP a reason to pull me over. I also have it positioned in a way that it doesn't interfere with either the primary or auxiliary intercooler. Thanks again!