GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can't delete old phone?

rustywoodstone

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey All,

I saw another post on this topic here but it didn't work? I'm the second owner of my R and I can't seem to get the infotainment system to pair with my phone?
Does anyone know how to delete a phone? I'm tired of it looking for David Del Corso's phone!

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Just reset the head unit from settings. You'll have to re-enter your radio stations etc, but it'll remove any phones from there.

Last edited:

rustywoodstone

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks

Thanks! That got rid of it. However, it still doesn't want to pair with my phone? It finds it ok. But then it asks if this random number is the phones password and it's not? Only options from there are yes or cancel?:confused:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Also. Forget the "VW BT" connection on your phone.

I had an issue with my phone not connecting after I tried unsuccessfully to do the carbon fiber background ob11 change. When I reset the had unit and removed the BT connection from my phone, it still took a few tries of rebooting phone and head unit to get them to connect. I tried from the phone menu as well as music. Can't recall which one finally worked.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! That got rid of it. However, it still doesn't want to pair with my phone? It finds it ok. But then it asks if this random number is the phones password and it's not? Only options from there are yes or cancel?:confused:

It doesn't ask if it's the phone's password, you are nearly there but being impatient.
The handset can discover the headunit or the headunit can discover the handset.
If the headunit discovers the handset the headunit will display a code which is shown on the handset screen, if these are the same just press ok and the pairing will complete. If the handset discovers the headunit, the headunit will ask you to enter a code usually 4 digits and the pairing is completed.
The method for completion will depend on the handset type you have.