GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DKM Clutch...

Rodcollier1

Ready to race!
I'm eyeballing their Twin disc setup as an alternative to a DMF setup and have the same curiosity. I only see experiences on Bmw forums.

MK7 Golf R Manual
Uni Stage 2, JB4, Neuspeed DP

ladringan320

Ready to race!
Car(s)
me?
I'm curious too. I'm seeing mixed reviews from the BMW guys. I've had BFI, and Southbend before, and I havnt found anything better than southbend so far.

LG3MK7

Ready to race!
Got this one Installed. I'm 90 mi from 500 mi break in being finished.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

LG3MK7

Ready to race!
Yeah he put it on about 2 weeks ago. Also had him remove the bleeder delay valve, big difference just in that. Pedal feel is definitely stiffer. Seems like it engages a little but lower as well. Clutch chatter is there at idle but I really don't care. Grabs like a mother compared to stock. I stalled when reversing the first time lol. Haven't gone passed 1psi in a while ??. Currently ED stage 2 ht.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Yeah he put it on about 2 weeks ago. Also had him remove the bleeder delay valve, big difference just in that. Pedal feel is definitely stiffer. Seems like it engages a little but lower as well. Clutch chatter is there at idle but I really don't care. Grabs like a mother compared to stock. I stalled when reversing the first time lol. Haven't gone passed 1psi in a while ??. Currently ED stage 2 ht.

Any updates on this? This is now in the mix along with a Southbend Stage 3 clutch...

ExcelerateRep1

Go Kart Champion
After using the Stage 3 endurance multiple times on the MK7's that is really the only clutch I recommend for greater than stage 2 IS38. Drives so smooth, is predictable, produced very little chatter and handles abuse quite well.

Have not used the DKM clutch before, haven't considered it either. Not saying they're not good, but Southbend has proven to work well for us so I follow the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" For the cost of their kits and the amount of "is this clutch any good" questions.. doesn't give me all the confidence. But I have heard good things.

Thanks,

Greg

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
After using the Stage 3 endurance multiple times on the MK7's that is really the only clutch I recommend for greater than stage 2 IS38. Drives so smooth, is predictable, produced very little chatter and handles abuse quite well.

Have not used the DKM clutch before, haven't considered it either. Not saying they're not good, but Southbend has proven to work well for us so I follow the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" For the cost of their kits and the amount of "is this clutch any good" questions.. doesn't give me all the confidence. But I have heard good things.

Thanks,

Greg

I appreciate your input. DKM seems to be new to the VW scene and priced competitively. I've read a few reviews recently (some from the R32 MK4, and GTI MK6) and they they sound positive and similar to what I hear about the Southbend Stage 3 clutches with good pedal feel (not too stiff), low chatter and grabs well. The DKM twin disk is rated at 660 ft/lbs and South Bend Stage 3 Endurance is 580 ft/lbs...with DKM being $465 cheaper and factoring cost of labor for install, that's a nice savings.

I'm just looking at options, Southbend has a lot of good reviews but I never see them on a decent sale (only $50 off).

I'm hoping to upgrade my clutch next hear before WITW next April so have some time look at my options.

euroadb

Go Kart Champion
Bumping this thread..
Any update on your clutch? How's it holding up?

DKM has dropped the price on their stage 2 clutch kit making it a verry tempting choice for me looking to go IS38.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Thanks,

Greg

Sounds like something you’d say as a Southbend dealer

I as well as several others have DKM stage 3 twin disk and love them.

DKM is built by Competition Clutch, if you haven’t heard of them it’s probably because you’ve never been to a race track. They hold the world record for fwd ET and MPH, and have a much better reputation than SBC (overpriced junk on mk6 and all diesel truck applications in my decade of experience with them).

Just because something cost more, doesn’t make it better. That’s a FACT

Here’s the link to the very active DKM discussion
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37662&page=8