GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SRE clutch differences

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
So it looks like there are 3 options for the SRE clutch, organic, organic with XTend PP, and the 4 puck "racing" with standard PP.

Anyone have or experience the organic w/ XTend PP?

ExcelerateRep1

Go Kart Champion
Th xtend clutch kit/xtend pressure plate is just a slightly modified OE pressure plate and OE organic disc, at least it used to be, they just called it something different. It doesn't hold much more than stock (+15% holding capacity over stock). The "performance clutch" aka " SRE (Sachs Race Engineering)" version uses the Race pressure plate. The organic disc is going to have much better street manners than the paddle disc, but the paddle disc will hold a lot of torque but is not known for having great driveability.

Hope this helps. We have a local MK7 R customer which we installed an "xtend" kit on a MK7 Golf R and slips on Stage 2. I do not recommend it if you plan to go over stage 1. Not even confident it will maintain clamping force on the high torque stage 1 files.

Thanks,

Greg

rr1santos

Ready to race!
As mentioned, skip the Xtend kit as that was really a stopgap option from Sachs Performance (a distributor for SRE). The one you would likely want is the new SRE full face option. Torque is rated at 425+ lb. ft. so it is well suited to bolt on cars. We have these in stock on our website now:

https://www.emmanueledesign.com/col...-volkswagen-mk7-gti-golf-r-stage-1-clutch-kit

do you guys offer flywheel to go with kit? I'm sure im at 16k and im pretty sure I should just change my flywheel when I change clutch.

rr1santos

Ready to race!

Rodcollier1

Ready to race!
Th xtend clutch kit/xtend pressure plate is just a slightly modified OE pressure plate and OE organic disc, at least it used to be, they just called it something different. It doesn't hold much more than stock (+15% holding capacity over stock). The "performance clutch" aka " SRE (Sachs Race Engineering)" version uses the Race pressure plate. The organic disc is going to have much better street manners than the paddle disc, but the paddle disc will hold a lot of torque but is not known for having great driveability.

Hope this helps. We have a local MK7 R customer which we installed an "xtend" kit on a MK7 Golf R and slips on Stage 2. I do not recommend it if you plan to go over stage 1. Not even confident it will maintain clamping force on the high torque stage 1 files.

Thanks,

Greg

What are the noise / chatter levels with the performance clutch ?

MK7 Golf R Manual
Uni Stage 2, JB4, Neuspeed DP

zero

Clutches don't cause or affect noise. The flywheel does affect noise, since
a dual-mass flywheel dampens the 'natural' gearbox chatter, while a single-
mass flywheel doesn't.