GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

..WHAT SUCKS ABOUT THE MK7 SCENE..

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
oh buddy you have no idea
drop a VR6 Turbo in that shell and the power to weight ration would decimate...(along with some overnight parts from japan)

Stock for stock the MK7 wins.
Anything beyond that is not worth talking about.
I could put a rocket ship in an MK7, will top and MK1.
The MK7 frame being longer, wider and stronger, the MK7 could hold and maybe support a larger engine. It also would have a better chance putting that power into a straight line at high speeds.
If the engine size can be unlimited then the MK1 is not a given win just because it is an MK1. Put a large enough engine in an MK1 and the frame will break in two.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Stock for stock the MK7 wins.
Anything beyond that is not worth talking about.
I could put a rocket ship in an MK7, will top and MK1.
The MK7 frame being longer, wider and stronger, the MK7 could hold and maybe support a larger engine. It also would have a better chance putting that power into a straight line at high speeds.
If the engine size can be unlimited then the MK1 is not a given win just because it is an MK1. Put a large enough engine in an MK1 and the frame will break in two.

A good point, and largely why I'm not interested in comparisons along the lines of, such and such might be fast, but a stage 2 GTI will beat it.

That's nice and all, but mod for mod, what's going to take it at the end?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Mk1 Rabbit four door, Diesel please.

I've owned several, never got the chance to restore one how I'd like.

Even with 50hp the mk1 is more fun than mk7, you literally can't drive one without a shit eatin grin. IMO of course. Mk7 is ok too

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
For real though...

As awesome as I find this car, now I'm kicking myself for not driving various generations all along and enjoying the evolution.

Better late than never!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
this is what truly sucks about the mk7 scene....no connection to the past.

you know I love ya buddy ;)

My first car was a second generation Honda Civic.

The classic.

https://youtu.be/9MHbLMPQ20k

In Wisconsin with knobby snow tires it could go through anything.
Sorry I did not own an MK1. Dad did own a 72' Beetle. Does that give me any credibility? Fun car. We moved from Virginia to Alabama in it along with a 74 Nova SS. The Beetle had a rust hole in floor. Rained the entire way. Had to stop and bail out once floor on my side filled up.

I think the 72' predates the MK1.

Kids!

Last edited: