GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

US spec 2018 Tiguan Revealed

Khans'GTI

Ready to race!
Stretched with longer wheel base. U.S. customers will only be offered the company’s 2.0-liter turbocharged TSI four-cylinder making 184 hp and 221 lb-ft of torque mated as standard with an eight-speed auto and front-wheel drive.

The interior of the 2018 Tiguan can be optioned with the Volkswagen Digital Cockpit display and includes the brand’s Car-Net infotainment and navigation system that offers Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink. Additionally, a premium audio system from Fender is available as an optional extra.

Thanks to the lengthened wheelbase, the second-row bench can slide seven inches forward and back and be split 40:20:40. Front-wheel drive versions of the 2018 Tiguan will come as standard with a third row of seats while all-wheel drive versions will only receive them as an option. Additional cabin highlights include the panoramic sunroof, Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Sport Monitor, Lane Departure Warning, Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Just curious why you would make 3rd row seat in their small SUV when you have the Atlas for those that want 3 row seating.
Just end up making the Tiguan longer than it should be, adds unneeded weight and takes away from cargo room.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Just curious why you would make 3rd row seat in their small SUV when you have the Atlas for those that want 3 row seating.
Just end up making the Tiguan longer than it should be, adds unneeded weight and takes away from cargo room.

It's for families like me that want a smaller SUV and may need the third row every once in a while like when family come to visit or you need to bring a friend of your child somewhere too. You can lower the seat for the cargo room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I just find it weird that the small crossover gets 3rd row ehen the "full size" SUV doesnt

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

While I agree a little, the 3rd row is optional on the 4motion (standard on the FWD)

The biggest complaint on the current Tiguan is the lack of hatch space....so this should fix that issue.
If you don't need the rear seats, just fold them down for more cargo room like most of the current bigger SUV's have/do

Less hp than the previous generation? Why?

That is a downer, BUT it should be lighter than the current Tig since it's on the MQB platform now

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Just figure that even folded, that seat will take up min 15 cuft. That is a large amount of cargo.
Unless because of gas tank, suspension etc, it wouldn't have been possible to get a flat load floor anyway, so adding the 3rd row seat didn't remove any usable space.

I remember rav4 used to offer this, but removed it in 2nd gen model. So don't think it was a huge selling point

Yea im still gonna get an alltrak.

Agreed. The more logical answer.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Just figure that even folded, that seat will take up min 15 cuft. That is a large amount of cargo.
Unless because of gas tank, suspension etc, it wouldn't have been possible to get a flat load floor anyway, so adding the 3rd row seat didn't remove any usable space.

I remember rav4 used to offer this, but removed it in 2nd gen model. So don't think it was a huge selling point

Agreed. The more logical answer.
yep. I wonder if the alltrack has more useful space. If the tiggy got the 2.0 that would be a different story. But if it has the 1.8 i'd do that. I wonder if they are going to try to team it up as a mini atlas. Seems to have same front end rather than the mqb front.

I could see that as a marketing point.

Make 2 product lines.

Atlas, TIG, Passat, I notice these have a different front than the golf line.

Golf
GTI, R, AT, Toureg

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
The alltrack has a great trunk but the rear seats are the same as in any golf. That's the issue here for many people. The third row may be cramped. But it's good in case of emergencies or to use in a blue moon. The Nissan Rogue also has three rows as an option and that's what we have. Now, that I don't see how there are three rows because it's tiny.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
The alltrack has a great trunk but the rear seats are the same as in any golf. That's the issue here for many people. The third row may be cramped. But it's good in case of emergencies or to use in a blue moon. The Nissan Rogue also has three rows as an option and that's what we have. Now, that I don't see how there are three rows because it's tiny.

they literally sit on the floor. I was in a rav4 or highlander that had that. Remind me of setting at a hibachi restaurant. Completely useless for anything other than a child.

You right though the AT doesn't have 3rd row.

yo_marc

Ready to race!
Wow. I quite like that. I really like the direction VW is going with the grilles and fascia. Really like the interior too.

3rd row though - if I were in the market for this vehicle, I'd wish it was optional.