GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

From suspension squeaking and popping FIXED!!

Terrafirma10

Passed Driver's Ed
So about a month ago I had a SB 3 clutch installed. When they removed the front left suspension to install the clutch I developed the dreaded front suspension noise. I would remove remove the boot and spray silcone spray up into the shock to stop the noise for about a week. Well I got tired of doing that and took my car to the dealership to see if they would fix under warranty which they said they would. The first time I took it in to get serviced of course they thought it would be the upper strut mount so they replaced it. They said it looked worn. So I drove away and within hour it was back to the same old annoying noise. So I took it back to the dealership and this time they replaced the shock abs, shelf, mounting, bearing, bolt, and nut. That is how they listed it on the invoice. They said it was the shock causing the noise. It took a week to get the new shock in because there was none in America and they had to build a new one in Germany. So will see how long it stays quiet. Just wanted to let y’all know my story. Hopefully this will help you all that have the same problem.

btmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
when would you notice the squeaking and how long does it last for?

I've notice some squeaking coming from the rear passenger side after the car has been sitting for a few hours.. it almost always goes away after driving it for a few minutes. wondering if its the same problem with your suspension.

Terrafirma10

Passed Driver's Ed
My was my front left shock. I would hear it when I turned the wheel to far , back and forth real quick, driveway entrances , and other things. Never got better most of the time worst. I read on an Australia forum that is do to a valve in the shock but who knows.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
They replaced a strut under warranty? We don't have shock absorbers, per se. They make it sound like they replaced just the cartridge. Was that the case?

Terrafirma10

Passed Driver's Ed
YES and all the parts I listed. And yes they replaced the whole shock or strut whatever you want to call it. It had to be built in Germany. And they replaced the strut mount twice.