GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sherwood - GTI Take Two

sherwood

Ready to race!
Bought my first VW in 2014, was a 4dr candy white MK6 GTI with DSG and navigation package. Around 90k my turbo started to flutter and my compressor happen to go out.

Instead of dumping more money into fixing it I started looking around for a new car. Really wanted a Genesis G80 sport or G80 5.0, but had a hard time spending that much money on a new car that was going to get me 18-20mpg. I drive a ton and may get one in a few years.

Local VW dealership had a pretty good deal on a 2017 GTI sport with DSG, so I pulled the trigger on it. It's hard to find a car that's sporty, reasonably priced, comfortable and gets great gas mileage. Round 2 on this one will have some tasteful mods with the focus on an OEM+ style ride.

sherwood

Ready to race!
Hardwired the V1, and a few goodies came in the mail. Been searching all week for the right wheel set up. After much debate, going to stay with 18's instead of going with 19's. Really love the look of 19
Inch wheels on the GTI though.

Last edited:

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Great choice, I think you'll find this is a perfect time to buy wheels with all the black Friday sales coming. What is your goal for the car? Hoping to go to the track, any power upgrades planned?

sherwood

Ready to race!
Great choice, I think you'll find this is a perfect time to buy wheels with all the black Friday sales coming. What is your goal for the car? Hoping to go to the track, any power upgrades planned?

It's just my DD, with 3 young kids I have zero time unfortunately for tracking the car. As far as power upgrades, looking into a piggyback like JB1, exhaust (maybe just a suitcase delete), and intake.

sherwood

Ready to race!
Debadged over the weekend. Springs are getting installed tomorrow and wheels are going on Wednesday. Bought a few other goodies with all of the other Black Friday deals going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sherwood

Ready to race!
DG springs are on. Super happy with how the car rides, handles and looks after install. These springs are a great compromise for reducing the gap and maintaining warranty/strut life, definitely recommend.

sherwood

Ready to race!
Wheels are on and I love the look. Went with TSW Barthurst 18x8.5 et43 in gunmetal on all 4 corners. Wheels are rotary forged and weigh in at 18.5lbs each. Will get some better pics up this weekend.

sherwood

Ready to race!
Weather has been crappy and I haven't been able to get the car cleaned for some decent pics. Installed the AWE track exhaust over the weekend. Never installed a CBE, but was fairly easy doing it by myself. Absolutely love the sound of it. Should be installing the Neuspeed PM soon.

SoulArmored

Passed Driver's Ed
Very well done so far! What color is your car? I wonder how these wheels compare to the Konig Oversteer as far as weight/cost/durability. They look great.