CLOUT's MK7 GTI Sport

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf

Looks perfect, dude.

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
Could you elaborate a bit more??? I'm sure many here might be on the fence between the BFI and 034 mounts.

What to cover:
What made you switch from the BFI to the 034 mounts?

I purchased the BFI mounts when I first purchased my GTI back in the spring of 2016. At that time BFI was one of the only choices and a fine choice at that. I've used their mounts in the past and enjoyed them. I decided to switch after reading that the BFI transmission mount is prone to wearing out due to the design. Basically BFI sticks and hard square piece inside a stock transmission mount. My second reason was that I have a dsg car and I didn't like seeing my hood vibrate everytime I was stopped while in drive. My primary reason for switching mounts was knowing that the transmission mount would wear out eventually and that I was going to have to replace it anyways.

How are the 034 mounts better and worse than the BFI mounts?

I can say that subjectively the BFI stage 1 mounts have more in cabin vibrations than the 034 mounts when in park, reverse, or stopped in drive. While moving and under normal driving conditions I don't notice any difference between the BFI and 034 mounts. During full throttle acceleration I notice a slight difference in feel when the DSG shifts. With the BFI mounts shifts felt very abrupt. With the 034 mounts shifts feel smoother.

I think both are good, but my money goes to 034.

Last edited:

CLOUT

Ready to race!
How do you like the 034 engine and transmission mounts?

They feel great, tightened up the feel of every shift and of accelerating hard. The HPA dogbone worked great at first but then some hard shifts you could feel the drivetrain move, now everything feels tight. I would probably recommend doing all 3 mounts together now, dogbone and arm + engine + tranny.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
They feel great, tightened up the feel of every shift and of accelerating hard. The HPA dogbone worked great at first but then some hard shifts you could feel the drivetrain move, now everything feels tight. I would probably recommend doing all 3 mounts together now, dogbone and arm + engine + tranny.
That's exactly how I felt about them. I too have the same three mounts. They all together feel like it should have been from the factory :cool::D

CLOUT

Ready to race!
Annnnd just like that, this build is DONE! :(

Happened early this morning on my way to the gym. Lucky none of my children were in the GTI with me. Other driver ran a red light and t-boned me as I was making a left turn.

GTI took it like a champ, all driverside airbags went off, lower crumple zone saved my leg. Just a bunch of neck pain and side/rib area pain. Adjuster has not yet came to declare a total loss but I wouldn't want to keep the car after this has happened.

It's been fun guys, will let you know if there will be a part out thread etc.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
That sucks man. Hopefully, your dealing with the insurance company is better than mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk