GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to install Morimoto HID kits into Replica HID Headlights

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
So I got a set of Ed's second hand. They work fine with halogens but when I hook up HIDs the drivers side does not work. I switched all wires and ballasts and still the same issue. Any thoughts?

I'd start by troubleshooting as to whether or not its a bad bulb, ballast, or igniter. Switch the components out on each side, one at a time, and see where your problem lies.

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
So I got a set of Ed's second hand. They work fine with halogens but when I hook up HIDs the drivers side does not work. I switched all wires and ballasts and still the same issue. Any thoughts?
I'd ststart with the obvious ones like
- check if ballast is connected in reverse polarity, swap the connection pin going to the h7 bulb socket.

- Swap the ballast to the other side, that way you know it's not a ballast issue., off couse do the same for bulb, any resistor cancellers, etc.

- check if the system works directly from battery,

- see of there is head light bulb out or short circuit warnings, if that's the case you will have to clear the error codes using vcds.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

houston88

Hi Edward, I recently got the Hylux kit, the wiring looks a little different. I'm not really familiar with HID kids, does this wiring look right? Also, I'm pretty curious where I'm going to fit all this stuff... maybe put underneath headlight, I seem to recall some space under there when I installed my fogs. Anybody tried LED bulbs in the low projector housing with these headlights?

Last edited: