GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sandman GTI MK7 PP DCC Lighting Pkg - The Journey begins!

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Replacement cost for Austin have gone up. 1-1/2 yrs ago I paid $220 including shipping for one from DAP. Now they're $258 as of a couple weeks ago, not inc shipping.
So I bought a replica for $160 incl shipping. It looks perfect but how well it holds up remains to be seen.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
Replacement cost for Austin have gone up. 1-1/2 yrs ago I paid $220 including shipping for one from DAP. Now they're $258 as of a couple weeks ago, not inc shipping.
So I bought a replica for $160 incl shipping. It looks perfect but how well it holds up remains to be seen.
Glad I curbed mine a year ago!

Wait, no, no I'm not.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Good! could we have a picture of the whole engine bay to see how is everything looking?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Good! could we have a picture of the whole engine bay to see how is everything looking?

I will get some new ones but maybe this will hold you over.
Thanks for asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
So nice to wake up Sunday morning to a view like this.

Attachments

• homer copy.jpg
    homer copy.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 684

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Audi Leather Cleaner Kit.

I purchased a while back on eBay but finally pulled out this weekend.
Overall a good kit. The cleaner used the sponge and smells great. What you would think a Audi cleaner would smell like. The Protection Cream is not terrible smelling but more chemical than pleasant smelling. The protection goes on easily, just make sure to cover the entire seat so it looks even. When dry it has an OE matte finish. You can feel the protection when sitting. Like a polished car, slight slick feel but not bad in any way. FYI. Worth a try if you are looking for an OE type product.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Had some time Tuesday so pulled out some new wash items and prepared the car for Thanksgiving trip. I like these items so thought I would share.

1. Yes I am a wimp and started wearing rubber cloves when washing. Saves my hands and is easier to grip and wash. Just get black and you look tough. Walmart and Auto Autozone carry a couple options. They are also stronger than normal gloves. Also nice on a cold day. I decided to buy after watching Matt on "Obsessed Garage" use them. He has some good info but a little wordy at times.

I also picked up and interesting wash glove. Did not keep packaging but I think it is from Autozone. Sorry no details. I like this a lot for my wheel washing. You can wash better and more direct in all locations. It also helps wash faster. You can use both sides when you reach in.
I also like how I can use other wash tools and not have to remove the glove. Very nice addition.

I also tested this new mitten.
Also very nice feel and makes a lot of foam with Chemical Guys soap.

Meguiar's X3002 Microfiber Wash Mitt https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RXKR6M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_OWdgAb1WEY3NW

Last edited:

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Had some time Tuesday so pulled out some new wash items and prepared the car for Thanksgiving trip. I like these items so thought I would share.

1. Yes I am a wimp and started wearing rubber cloves when washing. Saves my hands and is easier to grip and wash. Just get black and you look tough. Walmart and Auto Autozone carry a couple options. They are also stronger than normal gloves. Also nice on a cold day. I decided to buy after watching Matt on "Obsessed Garage" use them. He has some good info but a little wordy at times.

I also picked up and interesting wash glove. Did not keep packaging but I think it is from Autozone. Sorry no details. I like this a lot for my wheel washing. You can wash better and more direct in all locations. It also helps wash faster. You can use both sides when you reach in.
I also like how I can use other wash tools and not have to remove the glove. Very nice addition.

I also tested this new mitten.
Also very nice feel and makes a lot of foam with Chemical Guys soap.

Heh I have that same wash glove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion