GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR S2 Golf R vs Uni S2 GTI

SlyGtiGuy

I trapped 112, so it would have been a great race if he was still S1.

Considering he's now S2 i expect to lose by a few cars. I won't be back in his neck of the woods until next year though.

As for stacking, E85, or meth injection, this car is a daily driver. I will never do any of those things.

If anything i'll eventually go IS38, reflash it and leave it on pump gas. No meth, no blends, no piggybacks.

Why no piggyback? Does it really kill the daily drive ability?

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3

No it doesn't , you can just set it up for daily drive, or kill mode when you need it. Also... no blends? Comeon man that is completely different than running with meth. Even now it seems people using JB4 with meth have failsafes.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
No IC for the R? I'd say by the time your turbo runs out of breath, he'll start showing signs of power loss from high IAT's. IC is a big requirement for those power levels IMO.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Yank the backseat and trunk etc. is worth 105-108 pounds. Add 4 galllons e85 on top of solid 93 pump. I bet the Hoonerator takes the R up top. ;).

Hoon

Autocross Champion

No it doesn't.

A piggyback would be ok because I'm tuned, so the limitations of the piggyback have already been addressed. Generally I'm not a fan of a piggyback as a primary tuning solution.

No it doesn't , you can just set it up for daily drive, or kill mode when you need it. Also... no blends? Comeon man that is completely different than running with meth. Even now it seems people using JB4 with meth have failsafes.

I have one gas station within 100 miles that sells E85. It's not on my normal commute.

My turbo GSXR is on E85, and when I rode it on the street my garage looked like a meth lab full of containers of E85.

I'm not willing to deal with containers of E85 all over the place or constant special trips to one gas station to gain 20whp. If I bother with any other upgrades it'll be a real turbo.

No IC for the R? I'd say by the time your turbo runs out of breath, he'll start showing signs of power loss from high IAT's. IC is a big requirement for those power levels IMO.

He is stock IC, but unfortunately he was having issues with the car and didn't make it out for a run when I was in his area.

Yank the backseat and trunk etc. is worth 105-108 pounds. Add 4 galllons e85 on top of solid 93 pump. I bet the Hoonerator takes the R up top. ;).

I could do stuff like that, but I don't take this car too seriously.

It's a fun daily, I enjoy it a lot, but at the end of the day it's a FWD 4 cylinder.

Dominating the streets wasn't my intention when I signed the papers, but I do love picking on unsuspecting cars when I get the chance :)

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
It is literally a 15 minute job once you pull it one time. Why would you take any car too seriously? Lol. A properly setup 4 cylinder with turbo is no joke when it comes to making power. 1986 F1 season had 1.5 liter BMW 4 bangers (actual production blocks) making upwards of 1500 whp on 80 psi in qualifying trim. That was over 30 years ago...

Hoon

Autocross Champion
It is literally a 15 minute job once you pull it one time. Why would you take any car too seriously? Lol. A properly setup 4 cylinder with turbo is no joke when it comes to making power. 1986 F1 season had 1.5 liter BMW 4 bangers (actual production blocks) making upwards of 1500 whp on 80 psi in qualifying trim. That was over 30 years ago...

I've had a 2.0L that made 600hp.

It absolutely sucked on the street. Never again will I go to those power levels with small displacement.

9:1 compression, big cams, sheet metal intake, etc...car was a complete turd below 4500rpm. Granted I was shifting at 8400 so it had a usable power curve, but still not fun to live with every day.

Last edited:

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
I've had a 2.0L that made 600hp.

It absolutely sucked on the street. Never again will I go to those power levels with small displacement.

You can make a 600hp turbo 2 liter behave (good driveability/street manners) very well on the street. Hooking 600 whp on the street without tire and or drag setup from a dig a challenge in fwd. Roll no problem.