GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quick writeup how to retrofit Fog lights

houston88

Awesome, thanks for this writeup! Got the wiring done this weekend and the lights work, static cornering too, sweet! Next weekend will be the actual fog light install, honestly I was more worried about the wiring/coding. Turns out the 17 Golf Wolfsburg has the correct BCM for this, even has the wire from light switch to BCM A, so all I had to do was wire up the fogs to BCM B/ground and do the coding as described above. Was able to use ODB 11 and do the long coding, worked great besides trying to read all those German words. Now to decide, halogen or blue led (bought blue on accident, should have got white) for fogs.

Cyber punk! Lol.

Flood22

Hi everyone, Have some problem to get my retrofit fog lights to work properly on my European Golf 7 2016, i have used mlewando guide exactly as you describe, i used the same harness but with aftermarket fog lights. and apply a euro light switch.
have connected the harness from the fog lights til B/45 & B/5 & and to ground.
the car already had the Blue/green cabel from the light switch pin 5 to BCM A/29
and i have code it as mlewando writed.
here is the problem.
My fog light are always on, cant switch them of when low-beam are on.
the only two ways to switch them of is set the light switch on parking lighs and push the light switch in or disconnect the ground cable.
i have tried 3 diffrent light switches from cars with working fog lights.
now i dont know what to do next.
Part number on my BCM : 5Q0 937 084 CL
Do i have to Code something else?

I preciate all the tips and help i can get.

regards
Johan

Last edited:

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Hi everyone, Have some problem to get my retrofit fog lights to work properly on my European Golf 7 2016, i have used mlewando guide exactly as you describe, i used the same harness but with aftermarket fog lights. and apply a euro light switch.
have connected the harness from the fog lights til B/45 & B/5 & and to ground.
the car already had the Blue/green cabel from the light switch pin 5 to BCM A/29
and i have code it as mlewando writed.
here is the problem.
My fog light are always on, cant switch them of when low-beam are on.
the only two ways to switch them of is set the light switch on parking lighs and push the light switch in or disconnect the ground cable.
i have tried 3 diffrent light switches from cars with working fog lights.
now i dont know what to do next.
Part number on my BCM : 5Q0 937 084 CL
Do i have to Code something else?

I preciate all the tips and help i can get.

regards
Johan
Hey thanks for explaining the finer points of the install. Does it matter which wore goes into b/45 and b/5? Like positive must be b/45? Just wondering I plan on doing my fog light install on Jan 30, 2020.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
What kind of wiring are you interested in?
There are two PINs with positive Current to connect on bcm and ground connector.
If you don't have fog light at all then you need to guide single wire from light switch to bcm.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20200131_203311.jpg
    20200131_203311.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 740
  • 20200404_143934.jpg
    20200404_143934.jpg
    771.8 KB · Views: 560
  • 20200404_144834.jpg
    20200404_144834.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 407
  • 20200404_145122.jpg