GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Liqui Moly Molygen

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Link:
https://products.liqui-moly.com/molygen-new-generation-5w-40-5.html

I've searched the threads and haven't come across any discussions of this new oil. The new oil is from liqui moly and it's name is molygen. I would like to know is anyone has used it in they're vehicles and if you won't mind sharing your thoughts. I found it interesting that the oil is green in color.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

This is a proper engine oil, however it's not outstanding. ;)
At a density of 0.855 it's heavier compared to, say, a 0W-40, and viscosity is well
within spec, but a pourpoint of -45°C and a flashpoint of 230°C, while still ok, do
not make me believe there's that much PAO in it. It seems based mostly on HC oils.
However what makes me most worrying is Noack at 11 %. I'd hoped it to be below
10 %.
Given it's got slightly increased content of friction modifiers (Mo, B) and some solid
content of P and Zn, Molygen New Generation 5W-40 is a solid choice, though you
shouldn't expect any wonders from running it. ;)

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Thank you for all the input. I'm thinking to switch from M1 0w40 to Castrol 0w40 mainly because of the new formulation and some certifications that were dropped, although i believe it still holds vw 502 and 505 certifications. It also seems to be a bit thinner than the previous formulation, closer to a heavy 30 weight at operating temps.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

DasTurboWagen

Ready to race!
It doesn't look like it has the official VW 502/505 approval. It's only listed as "recommended for" on their data sheet so I wouldn't use it if you're concerned about your warranty.