GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 Mustangs are even faster!

USA

Ready to race!
600 to the wheels has been easy on a coyote since their release. Anxious to see how the new revision of the 5.0 holds up to boost.
Traded in my 2016 Mustang GT and CORRECT easy to get 600WHP. When I traded in for my Golf-R I was 877/778 on 12 lbs. of boost Twin Turbo on a STOCK BLOCK.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
10 speed auto with tire will be quick. Back in 2011 when the coyote first came out guys with manual 3.73’s were going high 11’s with just tires. Wake up people. A front drive GTI is not a great drag car without $$ spent. Quit judging cars’ total value/performance just off of 60’ times. The first 60’ make or break a 1/8-1/4 miles. Lol...

Amen. I mean it’s fun for kicks but I didn’t buy a Golf to be like every other mouth breather that can’t drive except in a straight line. This forum is too focused on 1/4 mile times on a mostly FWD platform ...

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
Amen. I mean it’s fun for kicks but I didn’t buy a Golf to be like every other mouth breather that can’t drive except in a straight line. This forum is too focused on 1/4 mile times on a mostly FWD platform ...

So people that like drag racing are mouth breathers? That's some pretty big talk from someone that drives a 1.8 and races in the 250 class.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
^^^^^ you got a golf because whatever needs or requirements you had, it met them and it works for you. Which is great. Good for you, seriously.

But just because you prefer a golf doesnt mean its better for someone else. No need for comments about how the mustang is only a straight line car of the old muscle car days. Its gotten much better in the twisties over the past few years. The Golf is not the number 1 choice by any stretch in the auto cross circuits. You cant own a golf or gti and legitimately have a conversation that its a better performance car- straight or cornering that the latest mustang gt class.

Screw this golf/gti vs stang talk. Enough. They are 2 different platforms bigtime. This thread is the 2018 stangs are faster than prev gens. In that format, that is correct based apon the driver tests and reviews so far. Why screw up or derail the thread to justify why we own golfs? I own a gti. Others here own various forms of the Golf. Awesome! And for being a more roomy practical daily driver it does beat the mustang. Duh. This is not a golf vs stang thread.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
So people that like drag racing are mouth breathers? That's some pretty big talk from someone that drives a 1.8 and races in the 250 class.

Big talk for someone that doesn't race at all... I race a 636 now, not that it's relevant.

Real drag racing no, people that can't drive otherwise, yeah. Don't get butthurt because the Golf is a slow drag car.. lol (and don't put words in my mouth) I know reading comprehension is difficult for some folk, though.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
^^^^^ you got a golf because whatever needs or requirements you had, it met them and it works for you. Which is great. Good for you, seriously.

But just because you prefer a golf doesnt mean its better for someone else. No need for comments about how the mustang is only a straight line car of the old muscle car days. Its gotten much better in the twisties over the past few years. The Golf is not the number 1 choice by any stretch in the auto cross circuits. You cant own a golf or gti and legitimately have a conversation that its a better performance car- straight or cornering that the latest mustang gt class.

Screw this golf/gti vs stang talk. Enough. They are 2 different platforms bigtime. This thread is the 2018 stangs are faster than prev gens. In that format, that is correct based apon the driver tests and reviews so far. Why screw up or derail the thread to justify why we own golfs? I own a gti. Others here own various forms of the Golf. Awesome! And for being a more roomy practical daily driver it does beat the mustang. Duh. This is not a golf vs stang thread.

You're right... the Mustang handled pretty well in Gone in 60 seconds :cool: :D

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Smh... bottom line is the current mustang handles pretty good. When the coyote stang debuted in 2011, it held its own against the excellent M3 on the track. Its only gotten better since.

I could be wrong... I myself am far from perfect, but I got the vibe that you’re knowledge on cars, specially various platforms is lacking. That would probably explain the mis info you have on the mustang. This is just from various posts Ive seen from you on the forums.

In relation to bikes, that is probably you’re jam and I have much to learn in that regard. Good day.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion

Who revived YOU? 2400 posts since July. 32k miles on your car since summer? Liked the break, go back. Lol. Welcome back. :).

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Holy shit, 2400 posts in that short time. I actually went over to check out his Instagram. He is a young lil bro. But I wont harp in him too much, got a good taste in firearms :)

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Smh... bottom line is the current mustang handles pretty good. When the coyote stang debuted in 2011, it held its own against the excellent M3 on the track. Its only gotten better since.

I could be wrong... I myself am far from perfect, but I got the vibe that you’re knowledge on cars, specially various platforms is lacking. That would probably explain the mis info you have on the mustang. This is just from various posts Ive seen from you on the forums.

In relation to bikes, that is probably you’re jam and I have much to learn in that regard. Good day.

Who are you talking to? Lol. The bike part makes me think me, but I have close to zero posts about mustangs other than saying I like them so I’m not sure what you’re talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Who revived YOU? 2400 posts since July. 32k miles on your car since summer? Liked the break, go back. Lol. Welcome back. :).

I had to check up [emoji38][emoji38][emoji23]

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Holy shit, 2400 posts in that short time. I actually went over to check out his Instagram. He is a young lil bro. But I wont harp in him too much, got a good taste in firearms :)

Guess my age :cool:

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
I had to check up [emoji38][emoji38][emoji23]

Holy crap. Did you burn out 10 other forums...? You can’t undo your total dbag status here. Lol. I’m just the forum ahole.