GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Polestar Kick Your A$$

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Cool cars, but not for $60K.

Too many other options at that price pt.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Yea, my GTI plus $30,000 in work and I know who would be kicking a$$.
Or an R and $20,000 in work. Even better. Plus custom paint job.

I understand what you're saying and it is true but that's not a fair comparison. I notice comparisons like this all the time. Yeah financially it makes sense. You take the difference and spend that amount and you'll be running circles around the Volvo, but if you look at it from a tuning stand point it makes no sense. It's like when the Civic Type R came out and everyone was saying ok, a stage 2 GTI will shit on the Type R. Ok, true but if I do intercooler, down pipe, exhaust and tune on a type r, then we are right back where we started. Yes the price is different but car to car it's not even close. What's this thing about comparing tuned cars to stock cars. The Volvo is in a completely different class, and a completely different type of car. Also, at the end of the day, when I tell people I drive a VW, 75% of them immediately say oh what a jetta? People that don't care about cars don't see the amount of money and time I put in mine. But when these people that don't know about cars see a BMW, Benz, Volvo or etc they think it's nice just because there's a standard. Just this morning I saw a Cadillac ATS-V and thought to myself.. "man I would love to run this thing, I could probably take it." Then I realized doesn't matter, it's still an amazing car leaps and bounds ahead of mine. I'm not saying what you said is incorrect but when you start comparing like that, anything is possible. I can take a civic eg hatch and put 100,000 in it and smoke a lamborghini. But what does that really mean? Guess to each their own, but in my opinion I always rather have the nicer car.

Cool cars, but not for $60K.

Too many other options at that price pt.

This is true. Although I love the Volvo XC 90 and XC60, and Volvo has come a long way from what I remember, there are better options like the ATS-V mentioned above lol. Or maybe benz c43/bmw 340i... possibly M3 base model.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
So I will take a TTRS then if I can not compare.
Volvo going all electric is a dumb move so will not matter before long.
Likely not selling in USA as sales drop off the already low pace.

The all electric car crowd can buy one of guess.
Again we can all not drive electric.
Not enough battery raw material or generating capacity.
Can not increase coal or Nuke so everything else will not supply.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
It's a unique very nice ride.
The anti BMW / MB.

Supposedly has the best seats ever.

Would absolutely drive one. Just seems a little overpriced.

For that much, I would sacrifice performance and get a V90.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
My buddy's sister has an XC90, and it's really turned me off to the brand.

It has constant issues despite being low mileage (75k), and they're stupid expensive to fix.

Our local dealer charged her $2500 for an alternator. No joke.

It now needs a water pump and a fuel pressure sensor which is stupid expensive because the book says the intake manifold has to be removed (fuel rails are inside the Mani). I think we can do it by just pulling the throttle body, but not sure.

Dealer is quoting something like $3k for water pump and sensor.

Insane.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
dude even the regular s60 T5 will give you a run... my brother has one and they are fast indeed... i imagine with a tune/exhaust, they would be even more fun. My previous car was an S60. got it up to 230k before it started getting cost prohibitive to maintain. loved that car.

Navi

Autocross Champion
My buddy's sister has an XC90, and it's really turned me off to the brand.

It has constant issues despite being low mileage (75k), and they're stupid expensive to fix.

Our local dealer charged her $2500 for an alternator. No joke.

It now needs a water pump and a fuel pressure sensor which is stupid expensive because the book says the intake manifold has to be removed (fuel rails are inside the Mani). I think we can do it by just pulling the throttle body, but not sure.

Dealer is quoting something like $3k for water pump and sensor.

Insane.

damn that sucks... is it the current generation?