GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upholstery and Color Changes

Jack Straw

Ready to race!
I find the interior of my R a little dull. The materials are great quality but I'd like some color in there. It seems the Euro spec cars offer some choices we don't have.

Have any of you had any re-upholstery done?

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
I find the interior of my R a little dull. The materials are great quality but I'd like some color in there. It seems the Euro spec cars offer some choices we don't have.

Have any of you had any re-upholstery done?

I added a leather steering wheel cover and used blue stitching, you can also get the gear stick stitching redone with blue.

Personally i think the appeal of the R is the more subdued styling, but YMMV. I'm not sure what you were thinking? Like redoing the leather seats?

Jack Straw

Ready to race!
Rather than just add a few color accents like stitching I'm considering reupholstering the seats, door panels, and perhaps some other trim items. The exterior of my car is red and I'm leaning toward a shade of saddle tan if I re-do the interior.

I've seen photos of European spec Golf models and they have some attractive choices not available in the U.S. Heck, even the new U.S. Tiguans offer an alternative or two.

Overall i appreciate the subtle understatement of German interiors but before I chose the R I was considering a new Alfa Giulia in red with camel interior. That interior was incredibly gorgeous to my eye.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Rather than just add a few color accents like stitching I'm considering reupholstering the seats, door panels, and perhaps some other trim items. The exterior of my car is red and I'm leaning toward a shade of saddle tan if I re-do the interior.

I've seen photos of European spec Golf models and they have some attractive choices not available in the U.S. Heck, even the new U.S. Tiguans offer an alternative or two.

Overall i appreciate the subtle understatement of German interiors but before I chose the R I was considering a new Alfa Giulia in red with camel interior. That interior was incredibly gorgeous to my eye.

The whole door cards are one big part/piece. Depends what your future plans are you but if you could pull the whole part off and give to a shop, or look for totalled car to take it off of (to keep your oems as is).. Will be following your adventures though haha.

The only thing i've gotten tempted to do is get more padding added to the center and side arm rests, i have pointy elbows and tend to bottom them out.