GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wagner VS IE

vanos

Passed Driver's Ed
I have searched and read a few threads but couldnt find an answer.

Which of those two is best, regardless of price? Or are they equally good?

jrm

Passed Driver's Ed
MTR in Germany one of the world's best tuner
for MQB platform recommends IE intercooler.
I have this IC with LM 500 gen2 hybrid turbo with 502 hp
and it cools perfectly ... of course is Wagner IC very good to.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
They both seem very good, that being said, when I asked my friend/tuner/tech the exact same question he recommended IE and that’s what I went with, no complaints. I know the IE comes with a bung already for meth if that’s important to you, I don’t but for some it makes life a little easier.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
I went with the I.E solely because it is different from everything on the market. Thought the fds thing was kind of cool lol and I didn't want a true front mount because it is too flashy for me.

rr1santos

Ready to race!
I got wagner because I got mine cheaper than the black fri price a month prior.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Same reason I went with IE. Not sure if FDS is a gimmick or not but damn their marketing got me lol.
Wagner has a similar design internally. They got my vote (and cash) since I had credit with a company that stocked Wagner.

Honestly, I don't think you could go wrong with either of these intercoolers.

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
I use Wagner in my GTI and am satisfied, lower IAT and less pressure drop. My car is generating more power than ever before.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Wagner has a similar design internally. They got my vote (and cash) since I had credit with a company that stocked Wagner.

Honestly, I don't think you could go wrong with either of these intercoolers.
Here's a quick update for this post...

First picture is of the Wagner intercooler cut open at the Wagner booth at Waterfest this year.

Second one is the wager intercooler that I got delivered a few days ago :cool:

Attachments

• 20170715_134429-01.jpeg
    20170715_134429-01.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 1,629
  • 20171219_224218-1-1-01.jpeg
    20171219_224218-1-1-01.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 1,609

Hardcore VW

Passed Driver's Ed
I doubt any of us would be able to tell the difference between the two if not for the price.

That said, I have a Wagner and have no regrets, but I wouldn't hesitate getting an IE, mostly because if the meth bung, but secondly I suspect it has the better bar and plate core which dissipates more heat (but I've only seen the outside and not the inside of the tubes)

Between the two, go with what you can afford and you'll be happy. Don't worry about someone having all the same mods except that other intercooler and being drastically different, I doubt it'd even be measurably different without lab equipment.