GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car loses radio presets?

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this has been posted about or not. I'm driving a 2016 SE and all of my preset FM/SiriusXM stations were reverted back to the factory preview settings. It happened last night and I have not yet checked to see if they are back, but I restarted the car a few times with no luck. Any advice/tips?

saway

I have no tips for this. Just wanted to comment that I had the same experience last week. The radio displayed a short text something like loading channels and suddenly all presets were gone. I just turned on the radio like I usually do hence I don't know why it happened.

My radio is composition media and I find it often quite buggy.

I have no tips for this. Just wanted to comment that I had the same experience last week. The radio displayed a short text something like loading channels and suddenly all presets were gone. I just turned on the radio like I usually do hence I don't know why it happened.

My radio is composition media and I find it often quite buggy.

I ended up taking mine to the dealer and they said the radio will reset if the voltage on the battery gets too low. I'm not sure how/why that would be the case since I always get out of my car as soon as I turn it off and don't leave any lights on.

saway

Well that is just weird. I am pretty sure my issue wasn't caused by low battery. Thanks for your feedback.

I am also often fighting with the radio if I want to charge my phone via usb cable AND play sound via bluetooth. That can cause a breakdown, and afterwards it isnt even able to play regular radio. I have to somehow disconnect both usb and bluetooth and hope the best. Quite disturbing.

hobie411

Passed Driver's Ed
I had this same thing happen the other day. Anyone ever find out anything about it? Quite certain it didn’t drop voltage. Also, it only reset all my presets... left all other settings intact. The only thing that I think was different was that my fuel level was low, and it prompted me to find a gas station when I started up. Can’t think I’ve ever had that scenario before. *shrug*

djmenny

My Radio turns On but no sound from all the inputs!
I unplug all my cables, sd cards and turned off the car, letting it rest for 5 minutes and then it works.
It's so annoying, i love music and i drive 2 hours everyday :( In The cold weather this problem is more often! Is there any update?