GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I had a dream

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I had a remarkably vivid dream.

I was driving my car on I95 South in Southern MA with Mrs. Dutch as a passenger. There has been some roadwork for a while now in the area but the Southbound side is so far unaffected. This time there were cones set up bringing the highway down to two lanes and the road took a sharp curve to the right at the end, some sort of temporary diversion around some major work.

I took the corner a bit too hot, making a joke about autocross. Unfortunately around the corner were several Rhode Island state troopers and I was waved to the side. Nothing was said about my driving but one of the troopers came into the car and stuck some sort of testing device into my center console. He said it was for emissions and that I was four times over the limit. He put a big sticker on my windshield and said I had 14 days to get it retested in RI. After that my registration would expire.

I went home and started googling emissions standards, and looked up DIY instructions here on MK7 downpipe installation in case I had to swap back to stock.

When I woke up I thought it had all happened yesterday and googled emissions standards again. It wasn't until I looked outside at my blank windshield that I realized RI troopers would not be pulling people over in MA for emissions testing. Bullet dodged!

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
LOL. I hate it when dreams are that vivid...unless it is a great dream with me getting lucky, haha!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I had a remarkably vivid dream.

I was driving my car on I95 South in Southern MA with Mrs. Dutch as a passenger. There has been some roadwork for a while now in the area but the Southbound side is so far unaffected. This time there were cones set up bringing the highway down to two lanes and the road took a sharp curve to the right at the end, some sort of temporary diversion around some major work.

I took the corner a bit too hot, making a joke about autocross. Unfortunately around the corner were several Rhode Island state troopers and I was waved to the side. Nothing was said about my driving but one of the troopers came into the car and stuck some sort of testing device into my center console. He said it was for emissions and that I was four times over the limit. He put a big sticker on my windshield and said I had 14 days to get it retested in RI. After that my registration would expire.

I went home and started googling emissions standards, and looked up DIY instructions here on MK7 downpipe installation in case I had to swap back to stock.

When I woke up I thought it had all happened yesterday and googled emissions standards again. It wasn't until I looked outside at my blank windshield that I realized RI troopers would not be pulling people over in MA for emissions testing. Bullet dodged!

Move to Tennessee.
Stress free dreams.
Well in most cities.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
"Vell, young man, your dream vas your subconcious vay of releasing der last remnants of deep-seated guilt over your modded GTI. Jah, you vill be fine now!"

-Sigmund Frood

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Let's hope those dreams doesn't turn into nightmares!
The best part was that of Mrs. Dutch, hilarious.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I had another dream.

I was driving MrsDutch's car with her. We got home and I went to my car which for some reason was parked beneath an underpass by our building. This didn't strike me as odd at the time but we don't live next to a highway.

Anyways... All four of my side windows were smashed. I was less than happy. I took pictures and posted them here. We were all outraged and had a moment together.

After posting I inspected the windows and found that MrsDutch had found some sort of very convincing fake broken window attachment online and applied them to my car. I was very embarassed.

That's all.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Glad we don't have to console you over 4 smashed windows for real. That Mrs Dutch is quite the prankster!

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I dream about work and cars.

A few days ago I dreamed someone stole my chair at work. When I got to work and turned the corner my chair was gone.

Turns out someone was in my office and borrowed the chair to have a conversation with a coworker.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
A few years ago while I was working several double shifts in a row I had a very vivid dream about work...then woke up very confused that I was at the crash pad and had to get up for another 16 hour shift.

I was pretty pissed cuz if you count the dream I worked almost 40 hours straight lol

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Just had a dream (nightmare).

Cruising along when I hear a more pronounced chatter from the engine bay that increases in volume to valves hitting pistons. Lose all power and pull over to shoulder. De javu of dread when that exact thing happened in my civic. All I can think is cost of engine replacement and wth did I tune it etc etc.

It gets better though. After pulling over, shut the car off, well I shouldn't say shut off, it was pretty much dead at this point.

Decide to try to start and it fires up just purring nicely. Go on my merry way.

No idea what this means, but it was terrifying.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Just had a dream (nightmare).

Cruising along when I hear a more pronounced chatter from the engine bay that increases in volume to valves hitting pistons. Lose all power and pull over to shoulder. De javu of dread when that exact thing happened in my civic. All I can think is cost of engine replacement and wth did I tune it etc etc.

It gets better though. After pulling over, shut the car off, well I shouldn't say shut off, it was pretty much dead at this point.

Decide to try to start and it fires up just purring nicely. Go on my merry way.

No idea what this means, but it was terrifying.

You gotta love dreams that provide a magical fix, like yours did. I always do. You get to have that strong "Whew" relieved feeling, without even waking up. As for what it might mean: Probably just a fear being relieved, since it happened to your Civic. Could be fear attached to other mods you might be planning. Plan well, Sir! ;) **

**disclaimer: One of my hobbies is speculating on the meaning of dreams. I have read excellent books on the subject. I have lots of personal insight and practice on it. Dreams are, however, highly subjective, from person to person. Therefore, following my insights could totally fck you up.