GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Found some alternatives of TT arms

Yumichika

Passed Driver's Ed
I found something interesting when browsing HardRace website.

There are two version of TT arms provided by HardRace, harden rubber version and pillow ball version. The only difference between them is the rear bush.

Harden rubber version:

http://www.hardrace.com/Product_detail.asp?id=3908&Car_Make=4&Car_Model=10&Car_Type=460

Pillow ball version:

http://www.hardrace.com/Product_detail.asp?id=3944&Car_Make=4&Car_Model=10&Car_Type=460

Both versions include LCAs as well as adjustable ball joints(as TT stock ones). Since these are replacement, they may be much cheaper than SuperPro ones...

Anyone have ever tried these before?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Here is another alternative for you especially if you are a track enthusiast. I am using these on my MKV build. These save weight and use spherical bearings as opposed to poly etc. They are currently on sale for holiday.
LINK for MK7 arms

Top pic is what I am using (street but mostly track)allowing for camber adjustments at the wheel. The bottom pic of the fully adjustable arms are for the "stance" folks providing even more adjustability.

These are going to take out any slop in steering that you would have with poly bushings.

Note: Spherical bearings not a great choice if you daily drive and live in an area where roads are treated for ice/snow. (just my opinion)

Yumichika

Passed Driver's Ed
Here is another alternative for you especially if you are a track enthusiast. I am using these on my MKV build. These save weight and use spherical bearings as opposed to poly etc. They are currently on sale for holiday.
LINK for MK7 arms

Top pic is what I am using (street but mostly track)allowing for camber adjustments at the wheel. The bottom pic of the fully adjustable arms are for the "stance" folks providing even more adjustability.

These are going to take out any slop in steering that you would have with poly bushings.

Note: Spherical bearings not a great choice if you daily drive and live in an area where roads are treated for ice/snow. (just my opinion)

These looks...AWESOME:eek::eek::eek: Have never seen these before. Appreciate it!

Yumichika

Passed Driver's Ed
Damn...those are U G L Y. functional i'm sure

Any word on a price for the hardrace ones?

About $650 in my region, including 2 LCAs and 2 ball-joints. It's a Taiwan brand.

FYI, in my region, second-hand stock is about $500, and SuperPro is about $1200.

The harden rubber version looks to be meanless, if I could get second-hand stock ones...

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
I found something interesting when browsing HardRace website.

There are two version of TT arms provided by HardRace, harden rubber version and pillow ball version. The only difference between them is the rear bush.

Harden rubber version:

http://www.hardrace.com/Product_detail.asp?id=3908&Car_Make=4&Car_Model=10&Car_Type=460

Pillow ball version:

http://www.hardrace.com/Product_detail.asp?id=3944&Car_Make=4&Car_Model=10&Car_Type=460

Both versions include LCAs as well as adjustable ball joints(as TT stock ones). Since these are replacement, they may be much cheaper than SuperPro ones...

Anyone have ever tried these before?

I looked on the site, but couldn't find the price on them, but a rear pillow ball bush with a hard rubber CAB would be pretty damn nice.

Now if someone would make some sealed spherical bushings to throw in both those spots...THAT would be the ultimate.

EDIT:
They make them:
http://www.hardrace.com/Product_detail.asp?id=3957&Car_Make=22&Car_Model=70&Car_Type=259

EDIT AGAIN:

I am retarded. The arms they're selling are with both spherical/pillow ball set up. I thought the trailing bush was the only SCAB.

With both being pillow ball/speherical set up, they'd never wear out like poly bushings do and as long as they're sealed correctly should almost be a lifetime part.

Last edited:

Yumichika

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes I misread that too...On the pillow ball version, both front bush and rear bush are pillow ball.

And yes, hardrace provides the pillow ball bush separatedly as well.

I also noticed that, this pieces are originally designed for GOLF, A3 and TT, not alone for TT. So it may be an issue about the track width which may be not as wide as TT stock(which means less camber). Just guess.

Last edited:

SRoads

Ready to race!
Best way to get these is going to be to call a US distributor from their website and get a group buy going.

LeGti

Ready to race!
I contacted the European dealer to get a price list. At first glance, it seems the Hardrace parts would be significantly cheaper than Superpro’s. I’ll post whenever prices come in ��

RS200Z

Yes I misread that too...On the pillow ball version, both front bush and rear bush are pillow ball.

And yes, hardrace provides the pillow ball bush separatedly as well.

I also noticed that, this pieces are originally designed for GOLF, A3 and TT, not alone for TT. So it may be an issue about the track width which may be not as wide as TT stock(which means less camber). Just guess.

I am planning on getting these. Do you know if the HardRace arms are same length as the stock TT ones? That would means it provide wider track when used on the Golf and A3/S3.