GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB JB1 Rev 2

Genesis730

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm looking for a JB1 Rev 2 (3 plugs) for a MK7 GTI

I believe that will be group 2 but have heard that the group is just for sales tracking and has nothing to do with the end product. Clarification would also be appreciated :)

tknj99

Ready to race!
Having just upgraded from a JB1 rev2 to a JB4, I would say for an extra $50ish used you should go for the JB4. I was leery of poking the AFR line (in case that turns you off as well) and left it disconnected and only connected the OBD cable. I verified with George that Map6 from JB1 could be carried over with no issues.
Had a chance to test out well yesterday and i definitely feel more power plus the extra smoothness in the delivery.

Just a thought..

Genesis730

Passed Driver's Ed
Having just upgraded from a JB1 rev2 to a JB4, I would say for an extra $50ish used you should go for the JB4. I was leery of poking the AFR line (in case that turns you off as well) and left it disconnected and only connected the OBD cable. I verified with George that Map6 from JB1 could be carried over with no issues.
Had a chance to test out well yesterday and i definitely feel more power plus the extra smoothness in the delivery.

Just a thought..

Appreciate the input but I'm using the OBD for other purposes, otherwise I'd go JB4.

Piggyback looks like the way to go for me. Plus I'm just looking for a little low-end and middle-end improvement without having to upgrade clutch or worrying about warranty as much as a flash.