GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OHIO Chat Thread

MK7RSR71

Did not buy in Beachwood, though I drive around there from time to time.

Did you happen to pick that car up in Beechwood? There was an R there with Euro tails that I enquirer about swapping tail lights with. Dealer said no way!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
ECS Tuning is looking for either a GTI or an R with a locked ECU as we need to test fit our ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber Intake System.

You must be close to the Akron/Canton area and we will need your car for about 4 hours.

Please PM me in here with your name and phone number and a good time to call you.

Thanks
Chuck

billmesh

Passed Driver's Ed
3 years into my ownership, just recently started poking around the forums with the horsepower bug. Night blue metallic GTI on the West Side of Cleveland.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

billmesh

Passed Driver's Ed
welcome! what are your plans?
Bought a Neuspeed Power Module from a forum member. Decided that wasn't enough and ordered an Accessport to be delivered on Tuesday! Side note, anyone looking to buy a Power Module? :)

My goal is full bolt on and IS38. I'm apparently in this all the way now lol.

iliveoncaffiene

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 718 GT4
Bought a Neuspeed Power Module from a forum member. Decided that wasn't enough and ordered an Accessport to be delivered on Tuesday! Side note, anyone looking to buy a Power Module? :)

My goal is full bolt on and IS38. I'm apparently in this all the way now lol.

If you're on the westside and you're going to be doing a lot more, why not go for APR?
We're lucky enough to have HS Tuning in our backyard (they're just off Stearns Rd. North of I-90) and they are an APR Dealer and also probably sell Cobb Accessports.

van.delft.7

Hello :) newish owner, 1 month in, Carbon Steel SE GTI from the Strongsville area. Loving the car, (hating the tires, goddamn as far as all seasons go, these are awful) and browsing around for a catback.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Anotherbob

Passed Driver's Ed
New White 2017 GTI Sport w/DSG member from far northwest side of the city of Cleveland. Hello to all, might see me at end of morning and afternoon rush hours on I-90 into and out of downtown. I’d be the one trying to get all the slow as**oles out of the high speed lane with the plate “NTHRBOB!” Great information on this forum, probably going to an APR+ tune very shortly after I sell, my Daniel Defense AR-15 and all the goodies that most usually buy or lust for it with.

Merry Christmas too!

billmesh

Passed Driver's Ed
If you're on the westside and you're going to be doing a lot more, why not go for APR?
We're lucky enough to have HS Tuning in our backyard (they're just off Stearns Rd. North of I-90) and they are an APR Dealer and also probably sell Cobb Accessports.
Yeah I was on the fence between APR through HStuning, Unitronic through German Auto Pros, or the Cobb. Ended up going with the Cobb because I can always resell it and I like the idea of a Protune.

dlhoovler

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
New guy finally saying hi, even though I've been lurking since before I bought my 2017 GTI Sport in August. Loving it! It's my first new car, and my return to VW since my '85 GTI in college and two or three Mk1 Rabbits my dad had while I was growing up.

I commute into downtown Cleveland from the western side of Cuyahoga County, usually either I-71 or I-90. I don't see other Mk7s routinely, but feel free to give a wave if you spot me!

-Dave

Attachments

• GTI-2002.jpg
    GTI-2002.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 221

billmesh

Passed Driver's Ed
New guy finally saying hi, even though I've been lurking since before I bought my 2017 GTI Sport in August. Loving it! It's my first new car, and my return to VW since my '85 GTI in college and two or three Mk1 Rabbits my dad had while I was growing up.

I commute into downtown Cleveland from the western side of Cuyahoga County, usually either I-71 or I-90. I don't see other Mk7s routinely, but feel free to give a wave if you spot me!

-Dave

Welcome!

Love the 2002!

dlhoovler

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Welcome!

Love the 2002!

Thanks! It's a lot of fun and has a neat history--my dad bought it new, and it's been inn the family or with a friend ever since. I've been its caretaker for 15+ years now.

I think the philosophy of the two models, the 2002 and the Golf/GTI, is very similar: an unassuming boxy car with personality and performance. I even see some resemblance in the hood creases, but maybe that's just me. :)

-Dave

Sent from my phone

ADVNTURR

Passed Driver's Ed
Late notice but there is going to be a just-for-fun SnowCross over at PittRace on Sunday 1/7/18 for anyone interested:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/event...owcross-pittsburgh-international-compl-579818

Registration deadline is Friday 1/5/18. I’ll be there with my R rocking my Pilot Alpin PA4s if anyone wants to come play.

I managed to get video from this event uploaded last night:

https://youtu.be/H91-DbFzKRE

It was a fun event and the R did pretty well (really wish it had a handbrake). Two other R's showed up for the event along with an S3 and a previous gen TTRS and a few other Audi/VW products among the sea of Subies. I may have scuffed my driver door on a frozen cone on my last run, but nothing that shouldn't buff out pretty easily.