GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New to Android, what are some must have car apps and tips/tricks with AA?

slow12s

Ready to race!
I have searched and didn't find anything so figured I'd start a new thread...

I've had iphones for years and just got a google pixel 2 xl (I HATED apple maps and siri enough to switch)...I've been told to get the Torque app and OBD2AA (https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/paid-software/app-obd2-plugin-android-auto-torque-t3657805) link courtesy of mursepaolo

What else should I get?

I'm planning on ordering an OBDeleven soon and afterwards trying the above mentioned apps...I've used fuelly since I got the car and the interface isn't nearly as nice on the android so any app suggestions or tips/tricks for the car and/or android auto would be appreciated...any of you running cool AA apps that aren't official/mentioned in the google play store? Thanks!

so far I am not regretting the switch whatsoever

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I have searched and didn't find anything so figured I'd start a new thread...

I've had iphones for years and just got a google pixel 2 xl (I HATED apple maps and siri enough to switch)...I've been told to get the Torque app and OBD2AA (https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/paid-software/app-obd2-plugin-android-auto-torque-t3657805) link courtesy of mursepaolo

What else should I get?

I'm planning on ordering an OBDeleven soon and afterwards trying the above mentioned apps...I've used fuelly since I got the car and the interface isn't nearly as nice on the android so any app suggestions or tips/tricks for the car and/or android auto would be appreciated...any of you running cool AA apps that aren't official/mentioned in the google play store? Thanks!

so far I am not regretting the switch whatsoever

I also made the switch to Android shortly after getting a GTI. Breathe the free air, my friend.

The only tip I can offer: if you're not already using Waze for navigation, it's the best one available. Also, switching apps and setting nav destinations using the voice command is even easier than you'd expect. I was really amazed at how much better Android Auto is, compared to Carplay.