GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ARMA Air-Intake system for 1.4tsi EA211 engine

Thibault China

Ready to race!
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased and install.
Here is a before (car in dealer-showroom) vs after (from Arma website).
All the intake is in carbon fiber.
ARMA propose a variable system on the filter to regulate the airflow as you want but I choose to buy the standard and fix flow filter...

Attachments

• Before-After ARMA.jpg
    Before-After ARMA.jpg
    753.1 KB · Views: 17,128
  • MOD-ARMA Filter.jpg
    MOD-ARMA Filter.jpg
    527.5 KB · Views: 4,540

Thibault China

Ready to race!
For the install, it is quite easy.

The most difficult would be to unplug the stock intake tubing that goes to the turbo.

For the rest, just need to unscrew the 2 screws of the air input (on top of the front-grille of the car), then pop-up firmly the stock air-box... and you have a naked engine ^^...

-Use the stock fixture-points to put the carbon-fiber ARMA air-box-base. (3 boll-joints points on the engine that match the 3 rubber-elements on the air-box-base)
-Put the ARMA air-inlet/input part in place. (2screws on top of the front-grille)
-plug the main carbon pipe on the turbo via the silicone adaptor.
-place and adjust the position of this pipe and the filter, to match the design of the box.

Now you just need to close the main box (4 screws) and it's done!

Attachments

• 20160221_122916.jpg
    20160221_122916.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 5,531
  • 20160221_124452.jpg
    20160221_124452.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 4,714
  • 20160221_131001.jpg
    20160221_131001.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 5,817

Thibault China

Ready to race!
Concerning the ARMA intake system:
- -300g compare to stock system (everything included)
- the design doesn't include a filter system for engine-breather... Only a hole in the base of the air-box to put the pipe of the breather but no breather...
(I'll soon put a breather in place and update with a picture)
-The air-suction sound is increase of course (when you press a little the throttle or when the engine is cold the morning) but can't hear a difference when you economicaly-drive with no more than 25~30% of throttle (approx.)
-If (I say IF) you do an hard acceleration but release quickly the throttle, you can hear the turbo that release the extra pressure in a big noise (not high pitch like with Blow-Off-Valve / BOV)
-For consumption, didn't have time to test a lot but It is at least the same as before, or even a tiny little less in city driving.

Thibault China

Ready to race!
Price was 6000CNY/RMB ^^, around 820€ (I leave in China)

It is cheaper to prices I asked elsewhere: (to know if I could buy during my summer-trips by to France)
-950£ in England (ProjectDesignUK)
-900€ in Germany (Rothe-Motorsport)
-1200€ in France (ADP Performance)

Thibault China

Ready to race!
So I cleaned (a little at least) the engine bay and took new pictures of my ARMA carbon-intake!

I also installed, last week, a small "mushroom" filter for the engine breather system. It is located inside the intake-box, so will have to open it again for new picture ^^.
Adding this small filter reduced again the turbo-discharge sound (...just a little ha ha).

I am globally very happy with this intake system, and the only remark would be that they could improve the location of the fixture-points because the main "box" (intake) does not sit on a perfect aligned-position...
Have to rotate it by few degree anti-clockwise. (I would say 5~10°)...

I am installing the VW 1.4 tsi engine-cover and even without OCD, the position of the intake is not aligned at all with the shapes and parallel lines present on the cover...

I think I'll have to arrange this by myself but it won't be a so easy fix because of the carbon-fiber...
(can't just enlarge the holes for the fixtures...)

Attachments

• DSC_5288.jpg
    DSC_5288.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 4,702
  • DSC_5289.jpg
    DSC_5289.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 6,028
  • DSC_5290.jpg
    DSC_5290.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 5,757
  • DSC_5292.jpg
    DSC_5292.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 6,401

Thibault China

Ready to race!
Where did you get det mushroom?

Hi, I bought on our local chinese eBay (Taobao).
Cheap one, no brand.

The Arma system doesn't come with well-integrated filtering concerning the top-engine breather, which is why I added this mushroom fitted on the OEM breather-pipe and using the existing hole on the Arma intake.

If I remember correctly, it was like 10~15CNY with delivery... which I call cheap one...

But have to take really small one because there's not a lot of room for it there.

jsamlim

Hi, did you manage to install the VW 1.4 tsi engine cover in the end?

So I cleaned (a little at least) the engine bay and took new pictures of my ARMA carbon-intake!

I also installed, last week, a small "mushroom" filter for the engine breather system. It is located inside the intake-box, so will have to open it again for new picture ^^.
Adding this small filter reduced again the turbo-discharge sound (...just a little ha ha).

I am globally very happy with this intake system, and the only remark would be that they could improve the location of the fixture-points because the main "box" (intake) does not sit on a perfect aligned-position...
Have to rotate it by few degree anti-clockwise. (I would say 5~10°)...

I am installing the VW 1.4 tsi engine-cover and even without OCD, the position of the intake is not aligned at all with the shapes and parallel lines present on the cover...

I think I'll have to arrange this by myself but it won't be a so easy fix because of the carbon-fiber...
(can't just enlarge the holes for the fixtures...)