GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kia Stinger GT2 Review

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
I'm not a fan of Korean cars, but it seems like a nice enough car. Although I would be afraid of it's long term reliability. The resale value is also going to be quite low. For that kind of money I'd be shopping elsewhere.

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
For that kind of money I would get a camaro with a 6.2L V8

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

not really the point of that car, for the amount you paid for your GTI im pretty sure you couldve gotten a much faster muscle car instead...

anyways the Stinger does look good, g70 is more of my taste thoug, would seriously consider for next car (though i promised myself next car has to be a 110mph+ sedan), Will have to see how it does 1 or 2 years in. Also would like to see how well it responds to tunes lol

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I'm not a fan of Korean cars, but it seems like a nice enough car. Although I would be afraid of it's long term reliability. The resale value is also going to be quite low. For that kind of money I'd be shopping elsewhere.

I would have been afraid of their reliability about 10-15 years ago, but there was also a time when "Made in Japan" meant "it's going to break soon." Hyundai/Kia have made exponential improvements to almost every aspect of their products in a shorter time than any other car maker.

The differences in overall reliability between one manufacturer and another are really pretty slim these days, but if Consumer Reports just came out and said "they're all reliable, just get the one you like best," they wouldn't sell as many magazines.

mesaboogie18

Ready to race!
I would have been afraid of their reliability about 10-15 years ago, but there was also a time when "Made in Japan" meant "it's going to break soon." Hyundai/Kia have made exponential improvements to almost every aspect of their products in a shorter time than any other car maker.

Absolutely. Korean cars are excellent. A lot of people seem to be biased towards them, but they are likely basing that on their reputation from 15 years ago. We have two Hyundais and they have been great. My GTI has been in for warranty work a handful of times already while our Hyundais have been rock solid. They are a lot of car for the money too.

wlfpck

Ready to race!

Depends...

If you're selling within the 10 year/100 thousand... the resale might not be too bad... outside of that... no clue.

I think for this particular car though, it'll depend on popularity. If people absolutely love it and they can't keep these on the lot and they kick the crap out of the comparable cars in the same class... the resale may be pretty good.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
I'm betting that mechanically it will be solid, and that it will be fast and fun. Whether it delivers on the soft factors--the feel, the style, the sensation of ownership and all of that--is another thing entirely, in that price bracket. There's no objective reason why it couldn't but, I know that there are a lot of little things in interiors, for instance, that resonate with people in specific ways and not with others. I suspect it will be hard to make a decision one way or the other without actually sitting in one, preferably also driving one.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Depends...

If you're selling within the 10 year/100 thousand... the resale might not be too bad... outside of that... no clue.

I think for this particular car though, it'll depend on popularity. If people absolutely love it and they can't keep these on the lot and they kick the crap out of the comparable cars in the same class... the resale may be pretty good.

Only the original owner gets the 10-year drivetrain warranty. Subsequent owners only get 5 years.