GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering Cold Air Intake review

jbeverly

So I splurged on a few Black Friday specials and just installed the Integrated Engineering Cold Air Intake for my 2017 6MT Alltrack. Installation took just under an hour and the on-line step by step instructions were detailed and easy to follow. The most difficult part was replacing the coolant pipe where I spilled a little fluid.

And the after:

Overall I'm very happy with the look, price and sound. It now sounds like a proper turbocharged car with a deeper and throatier tone when accelerating and the very nice "whoosh" when lifting and/or changing gear. Not the best of videos but you can get a good idea of the sound.
https://youtu.be/SyEEzYABxZk
I would have been happy with the sound difference alone and I have read several people stating there shouldn't be any power increase. Using my P3 Cars vent gauge I decided to try a 0-60 and see if I could beat my previous best time of 6.87 seconds. On the exact same HWY with very similar circumstances and launch technique (3,200rpm), I managed a 6.22 second 0-60! The car definitely feels more responsive and I would like to think a .65 second faster time to 60mph was more than just luck. Next up will be installing my IS20 turbo and most likely APR tune. Love my Alltrack.