GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody running UM’s fueling kit?

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Curious if anyone is running UM’s port injection kit? Any info, injector size 1000? Pump? How’s it compare to apr’s etc? Why’d ya pick them, pics if ya got them and just general opinions.

Thanks, in advance.

USA

Ready to race!
Curious if anyone is running UM’s port injection kit? Any info, injector size 1000? Pump? How’s it compare to apr’s etc? Why’d ya pick them, pics if ya got them and just general opinions.

Thanks, in advance.
I bought Precision Racewerks fueling kit. Waiting for them to release their dual Walbro 450 in tank pump kit this week. Also getting UM flex fuel kit. Tune is included with kit. http://www.precisionraceworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_61&product_id=87

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
I bought Precision Racewerks fueling kit. Waiting for them to release their dual Walbro 450 in tank pump kit this week. Also getting UM flex fuel kit. Tune is included with kit. http://www.precisionraceworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_61&product_id=87

You didn’t do apr’s fueling kit when you went with their big turbo kit?

That looks like a nice kit, I was curious about UM specifically though as I’m tied in with them and would like to know the specifics of theirs from guys running it in the wild, obviously not the most popular mpi kit at least on this forum. I’ll bug my local guy and post what I learn here when I see him middle of next month then. I grabbed a boss600 for Black Friday and was just going to run it on stock fueling or maybe just with a pump upgrade for a while but I’m waffling about maybe just doing it all at once, figured for just the mpi kit installed around $2200, just a guess though on UM’s kit without knowing the details.

Last edited:

limited_explorer

Passed Driver's Ed

USA

Ready to race!
You didn’t do apr’s fueling kit when you went with their big turbo kit?

That looks like a nice kit, I was curious about UM specifically though as I’m tied in with them and would like to know the specifics of theirs from guys running it in the wild, obviously not the most popular mpi kit at least on this forum. I’ll bug my local guy and post what I learn here when I see him middle of next month then. I grabbed a boss600 for Black Friday and was just going to run it on stock fueling or maybe just with a pump upgrade for a while but I’m waffling about maybe just doing it all at once, figured for just the mpi kit installed around $2200, just a guess though on UM’s kit without knowing the details.
Yes it is coming out. Selling the APR Stage 3 + the fueling kit.

I have the dual kit and the basket going empty on highspeed and blow the engine because its run too much lean ... maybe have to put a surge tank with the dual set up !
At what HP/TQ are you running. I find that hard to believe that Precision would release a kit that would run lean and blow an engine.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion

You’re a funny guy and I mean that as a compliment. You’re really looking to push this platform, seems like you won’t be happy until you’re pulling 9s, full weight in the R, which is awesome! You must be going BIG turbo, ims 750?

USA

Ready to race!

You’re a funny guy and I mean that as a compliment. You’re really looking to push this platform, seems like you won’t be happy until you’re pulling 9s, full weight in the R, which is awesome! You must be going BIG turbo, ims 750?
Ahhh NO. I have read and read so many other builds and the $$$$ is ridiculous. I would like 700 to the wheels. Aint gonna happen. I would spend $40,000 to get there. So my budget is $25,000 Will be happy with 550/490 :D

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Ahhh NO. I have read and read so many other builds and the $$$$ is ridiculous. I would like 700 to the wheels. Aint gonna happen. I would spend $40,000 to get there. So my budget is $25,000 Will be happy with 550/490 :D

Gotchya bud! 550/490 is going to be fun anyway lol

That’s out of range for the apr kit on a built block hey? Curious to follow your build bud!

And again if anyone has any experience with the UM mpi kit, chime in, otherwise I’ll post back here what I learn after I talk with my local tuner.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
So UM’s fueling kit starts at basically apr’s fueling kit price point. Walboro 450 intank pump, billet rail, 850cc rail injectors and the rest of the stuff to make it a kit. You can jump up injector sizes all the way up to 1300cc injectors and can add their flex fuel sensor kit and tune capabilities, think the flex fuel kit adds $450 and the 1300 injectors were around $140 a piece. So you can easily get well over 2gs for just the parts if you go with everything and the biggest rail injectors. Of course if you do, you should have zero issues running E85 or pump gas, as the tune automatically adjusts with the flex fuel sensor kit and tuning on any big turbo option it seems.

USA

Ready to race!
So UM’s fueling kit starts at basically apr’s fueling kit price point. Walboro 450 intank pump, billet rail, 850cc rail injectors and the rest of the stuff to make it a kit. You can jump up injector sizes all the way up to 1300cc injectors and can add their flex fuel sensor kit and tune capabilities, think the flex fuel kit adds $450 and the 1300 injectors were around $140 a piece. So you can easily get well over 2gs for just the parts if you go with everything and the biggest rail injectors. Of course if you do, you should have zero issues running E85 or pump gas, as the tune automatically adjusts with the flex fuel sensor kit and tuning on any big turbo option it seems.
I bought fuel rails and twin 450 walbro pumps. I also upgraded to ID1300 injectors. I will let ya know how it goes.