GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Add Cruise to a New 2018 Golf Trendline 3 Door

nick.20976

Hi everyone;

I’m looking to purchase a new 2018 Golf 3 Door Trendline. I like all of the features as it comes really well equipped, the only additional feature I want is Cruise Control, which for some reason VW chose not to include on this model in Canada.

I’ve searched around and have came across a few threads that have indicated I may be able to buy a replacement turn stalk that may or may not require updating of the car’s computer for it to function.

Can anyone provide a definitive answer as to if this is doable with this model?

Thanks in advance!

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Have they moved the controls? They used to be on the steering wheel.

...if it creaks, it's probably made by VAG

nick.20976

Have they moved the controls? They used to be on the steering wheel.

On the 5 door version the steering wheel controls are available, but the base 3 door Trendline doesn’t come with it. I can only assume this is some type of ploy to get people to jump to a more expensive model

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
You could retro fit the steering wheel too..

montecarlo

I have retrofitted my 2015 Golf R with cruise control, but it wasn't easy.

You can retrofit the steering wheel controls by buying the correct button set from aliexpress.com. You can also use OBDeleven or VCDS to let the ECU know which buttonset you have. But then it becomes more difficult. You need to run a cable from steering wheel connections to the ECU. The ECU must come off for this. I've watched it being done, but I don't know from which connector to which pin on the ECU. When all this is done, you'll need a genuine VW cruise control component protection code to do some more coding and activating the cc function.

So, it is not a job to tackle without some very knowledgeable and resourceful help.