GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS20 Instalation Guide (1.8t)

BoomGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Heres a video of wastegate does it look like a issue? https://youtu.be/GZB_qxezLUY

No, that wastegate door will wiggle a little when it’s off of the car, but once it’s on the car and running it will get pulled shut.

The used is20 I had did that, the new one I bought didn’t, but the guy that bought my used one is having no issues and pushing it pretty hard so I’d say it’s fine.

BoomGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
whyd u buy a new one? we follow eachother on insta im golf7tsi

Just because I had under a thousand miles on my car at the time and I didn’t want to put a used turbo on a brand new car.. on hindsight I should have just got the is38 for the money I spent on a new is20, but at least I know I got a good one!

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
Just because I had under a thousand miles on my car at the time and I didn’t want to put a used turbo on a brand new car.. on hindsight I should have just got the is38 for the money I spent on a new is20, but at least I know I got a good one!

i’m at 34k kms now and the turbo has 20k on it so awesome.

Steenbeek

Passed Driver's Ed
It's the injectors. You'll need to upgrade to the golf R ones. Once you start adding more e85 with the downpipe, you'll fine the limit
Hi TwinDad,
how many of those injectors are needed, 4 or 8? Are they P&P or is another setting necessary?

Gesendet von meinem ZUK Z2121 mit Tapatalk

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Hi TwinDad,
how many of those injectors are needed, 4 or 8? Are they P&P or is another setting necessary?

Gesendet von meinem ZUK Z2121 mit Tapatalk

Just 4. I posted the part number up on the JB4 thread. They are plug and play, but you would have to log and adjust your FOL settings depending on what's going on.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Do we know if the RS3/TTRS injectors are any bigger than the Golf R?

Steenbeek

Passed Driver's Ed
Just 4. I posted the part number up on the JB4 thread. They are plug and play, but you would have to log and adjust your FOL settings depending on what's going on.

THX

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Going is38. Need a midpipe.
DSG tune needed for is38?

Probably would be best to do a full TBE with the is38. I would say any level of tune would benefit from a dsg tune. Once you go past stage 2 you should definitely get it.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Coming in with a plea for advice. I've removed all the plumbing, and the turbo is off it's mounts but for the life of me I can't seem to get the damn thing out. Any additional advice would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Well with more than a little help from melted solid, I can finally join the is20 club. For those of you thinking of doing the swap, I would say from the perspective as a relative novice (this is my fist time dealing with plumbing in a car) the swap is definitely doable, but time consuming. It took me roughly 9 hours all told, but believe me, if I can do it you can too.

So take two days off, grab an is20 from the classifieds and go for it I say. Believe me, once you're tuned this 1.8t is a whole other beast.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Congrats Sparky! I haven't posted here in a while, but still do a little lurking from time to time to keep up on what is going on. It's been almost a year and about 10k mi since I did the swap along with the DP. Still no regrets! Car is running great and it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. It really is the best mod you can do for a 1.8t, along with a supporting tune.