GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone tune a BOSS 500/600 kit with COBB yet?

Calubi

Ready to race!
Just curious if anyone has tuned a BOSS kit on COBB yet. Any good results? I’m anxious to see what COBB protuners can do with this kit on the Mk7R.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
A whole bunch of them are tuned by UM, they seem to be the choice, at least so far, for any CTS boss kits in the states, especially.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
Jon at 5150 Racing has owned a mk7 R for a while now and I know he's been messing with the tune on it since they released accessports for the R. He's also been tuning mk7 GTIs for a little while now.

Calubi

Ready to race!
A whole bunch of them are tuned by UM, they seem to be the choice, at least so far, for any CTS boss kits in the states, especially.

My nearest UM dealer is 2.5 hours away. I’d rather not have to drive that for any and all tune updates. I really like the ability to flash new tunes at home, and keep an eye on data logs.

USA

Ready to race!
Jon at 5150 Racing has owned a mk7 R for a while now and I know he's been messing with the tune on it since they released accessports for the R. He's also been tuning mk7 GTIs for a little while now.
Does he have a big turbo setup? Does he have a electronic waste gate?

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
My nearest UM dealer is 2.5 hours away. I’d rather not have to drive that for any and all tune updates. I really like the ability to flash new tunes at home, and keep an eye on data logs.

I gotcha bud, I was just saying they seem to be the tuning company that has worked the most with the boss kits so far. If you have a good local dynotuner by you definitely buy/use whatever they need to tune it. With the release of the Cobb for vw’s, it’ll definitely make it easier for local dyno tuners to tune as time goes by they’ll also gain, learn the platform. The vw aftermarket tuning always been funny to me with all the “canned” tunes, every other car I’ve owned went to the dyno to a respected dyno tuner of that platform, Chevy, Ford, sti, evo etc it’s nice that people will be able to do that with vw’s much easier now, and even more so in the future, although I must say, I’ve actually been impressed with what the big “canned” tune suppliers get out of these compared to canned tunes on other platforms.

But yes, moral of the story, if there is a local dynotuner you trust and he uses Cobb to upload his custom dyno tune into your car, definitely use that, as you said it’s a nice tool after also. Problem for some of us I’d think right now is that the local dynotuner(s) have little experience on these cars, so some of us may still be better off running the rather dialed in canned tunes than dealing with an inexperienced local dynotuner. I have no doubt, very soon, these Cobbs will be as popular with vw’s as they are with Subaru’s for the same reasons, just for the love of everything holy, do not use their OTS tunes lol, but seriously :)

Calubi

Ready to race!
Yeah, had a COBB OTS on my 15 STi before getting the Golf R. Scary :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, had a COBB OTS on my 15 STi before getting the Golf R. Scary :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, tried it on the dyno on my 11 sti, we made 1 pull, looked at info, laughed, then dyno tuned it. In fairness, the ots Cobb tune may have been better than Subaru’s factory tune lol

For those of you who haven’t played with sti’s, subies oem flash is just dumpster fire awful, it’s amazing they let them leave the factory that way, or at least it was from 2004-2011s in my experience, anyway funny how many former sti guys end up with R’s :)