GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Door Ambient Lightning Install

Bakili

Ready to race!
Guys need advice on Ambient Lightning install. I purchased new door cards from Golf R and these have ambient lightning, light strip, illuminated door handles. I have upgraded my door modules to support folding mirrors so i know that they support ambient lightning too. The question is how to run wire and where to connect?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Eliranfla

Passed Driver's Ed
I want to do the manual installation of each lighting.
Does anyone know which pins are connected to these lighting on the door?

> Front field light
> ambient light
> Door exit light
> Inside Door handle light

Eliranfla

Passed Driver's Ed
check the DIY thread by GolfDave : https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...arning-lights-from-the-vw-passat-2013.326032/
that talks about a lot of details you are looking for.
Hi,
I am wanting to install an internal led on the front doors: DRIVE DOOR> J386 - Hardware Number: 5Q0959393B and PASSENGER DOOR> J387 - Hardware number: 5Q0959592B.
Is there any way to do this and use the MIB to adjust the brightness of this lighting with a pin connection (for ambient light) of the 32-pin connector?

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Hi,
I am wanting to install an internal led on the front doors: DRIVE DOOR> J386 - Hardware Number: 5Q0959393B and PASSENGER DOOR> J387 - Hardware number: 5Q0959592B.
Is there any way to do this and use the MIB to adjust the brightness of this lighting with a pin connection (for ambient light) of the 32-pin connector?

It may be possible, since there is Light Configurations settings available on the 09 Body Control and 5F Infotainment modules., but i personally havent tried those. Because there is multiple settings that needs to be changed and tested.

The approach (see my setup on this thread : https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...ient-lighting-door-panel.333591/#post-6880884) I made, was to use the EL-Wire strips on all 4 doors.
But the positive +12v is coming from the terminal 58D., this lights the background illuminations for switches, instrument panel, etc. So you can adjust the ambient lighting brightness using the brightness adjustment switch next to your headlight rotary knob. (if provided).

Eliranfla

Passed Driver's Ed
It may be possible, since there is Light Configurations settings available on the 09 Body Control and 5F Infotainment modules., but i personally havent tried those. Because there is multiple settings that needs to be changed and tested.

The approach (see my setup on this thread : https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...ient-lighting-door-panel.333591/#post-6880884) I made, was to use the EL-Wire strips on all 4 doors.
But the positive +12v is coming from the terminal 58D., this lights the background illuminations for switches, instrument panel, etc. So you can adjust the ambient lighting brightness using the brightness adjustment switch next to your headlight rotary knob. (if provided).
Friend, does anyone know how to inform the equivalent "byte 17 - bit 1 and 2 (VCDS)" for OBDELEVEN?