GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18" Austins on a base Golf S?

Blue By You

Good day, new MK7 co-owner here. My fiance bought a 2015 Golf S which we stumbled upon because she insisted on a manual hatchback. I'm pretty smitten with this base car but feel the factory Lyon 15" wheels have to go. I am looking to pull the trigger on a set of 2017 Austins with 225/40/18 Hankooks but wanted to check if that will bolt on with no issues. Anyone who just happens to know that, thank you in advance.

Brett.M

Totally should work. Same center bore and bolt pattern. Those wheels are heavy at about 29lbs from what I understand. I think the 15" lyon is much lighter at about 38lbs for the wheel & tire (tire for the Austin is probably going to be about 20lbs).

So I'd probably expect a noticeable drop in performance characteristics and lower mpg if that's a concern. I'm not an expert though.

Blue By You

Totally should work. Same center bore and bolt pattern. Those wheels are heavy at about 29lbs from what I understand. I think the 15" lyon is much lighter at about 38lbs for the wheel & tire (tire for the Austin is probably going to be about 20lbs).

So I'd probably expect a noticeable drop in performance characteristics and lower mpg if that's a concern. I'm not an expert though.

Hey Brett, thank you for chiming in. She's a pretty sedate driver, even by Miami standards so shouldn't be too noticeable. Next stop would be researching performance mods!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

They're 25lbs, for the wheels

To the OP, they'll bolt right on...no problems

Blue By You

Excellent, good to know. I feel like about all the fat is trimmed off of her car so the Austins may not be too heavy. Thanks again.