GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Haldex Part Number & Cost?

MadMen

Ready to race!
this.... majority of actual owners don't have that problem, and they do have a factory warranty as well.

And since there's a TSB for it, they *probably* won't check your ECU for a tune. At least I know my dealer didn't.

613B6

Ready to race!
Its just the $180 dollar pump that fails, not the entire unit.

SRoads

Ready to race!
or a pump slowly failing over a longer period of time...slipping the clutches until they wear and everything fails, but just replacing the pump is always a great place to start.

Calubi

Ready to race!
What are the symptoms of a failing pump? Will you get a code in VCDS?

MadMen

Ready to race!
I got a C111307 code.

MadMen

Ready to race!
A few guys I've talked to only found out after launching the car or driving aggressively and finding front traction issues.

Yep. I didn't have a code for a while, so I kept forcing the slippage till the code finally appeared (launch control in a dirt parking lot did the trick). Took a little while. But I didn't want to go to the dealer to have them tell me there was no code, and they couldn't reproduce it.

Tigsel

Ready to race!

7_Rated_R

Bouncing an idea off...since the FL S3 and FL RS3 have the upgraded / beefier Haldex systems, wouldn't it make more sense to go that route? From my understanding everything from the driveshaft forward is the same. Only question would be the Haldex controller itself

I was wondering just the other day if this would work! I currently am waiting on my haldex pump I ordered to get here and hopefully that takes care of it.

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
The haldex assembly is prone to failing in the early revisions just as much as the pump is prone to fail. Even with pump replacement. No power to rear wheels and no change after basic settings, you will need a rear diff