GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Galaxy S9 connected to MK7.

rafikiraf

Ready to race!
Is it only me or galaxy s9 gives way better sound quality when Bluetooth connected than older galaxy s8.
I have upgraded phone this weekend and noticed sound quality improvement almost immediately. Same music, same source (YouTube, Google play) but sound is clear and with energy. Sub is shaking entire car when stop on traffic lights, and speakers have improved dynamic. I did not adjust anything with sound.
I was wondering if that's Bluetooth improvement.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

beardedGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6mt
I would guess either
a.) you had the device volume lower on the old phone
b.) you had the Bluetooth volume on the head unit set to low and re-pairing put it back to normal
c.) Bluetooth on old phone was locked to a lower bitrate sbc profile. Bluetooth auto negation is wonky sometimes.

rafikiraf

Ready to race!
A. Same as s8
B. Same as s8
C.???? Yes it is possible. Have never checked this setting on s8 and on the s9 is set to auto so maybe it is connecting with the best possible.

I am very happy with the current output. Before sound was good couldn't complain but now I am impressed.

beardedGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6mt
There’s really not much difference between the bt/WiFi chips used in both of these phones. I don’t know much about Android software wise, but is there a possibility it has an eq enabled somewhere in the settings?

rafikiraf

Ready to race!
I am thinking about one more thing. S9 comes with Dolby atmos that you can turn on or off in advance sound settings. I enabled this during initial setting up the phone. I will check on or off output tomorrow.

I know I am not going crazy (my lady have different opinion) sound is way different than when I was using s8.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I think there are at least a couple of different compression algorithms used for BT audio transmission and one might be newer/better than the other, and have nothing to do with the chipset. Could be entirely software driven.