GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cooper Zeon RS3-G1

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone running these? Not a lot of review info out there.

Wondering if they’d be noticeably better performance wise than my stock Hankooks.

One noticeable difference on 225 size is section width (9.1” on both) tread width (8.1” Cooper, 7.7” Hankook).

Canadian Tire has them on for $138 CAD (25% off). Which is $105 USD.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
I went from the stock Hankooks to the Cooper RS3-G1s. Haven't had much opportunity to push the yet. So far I'd say they're moderately better in most areas it seems. They are definitely an upgrade, but they are definitely not max performance summer tires. I can still spin them with ease (stage 2). But they do seem to hold better through turns. And so far they have been sure-footed with all the wet weather we've been having lately.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Good to know. Thx

Why did you move to the Coopers? Needed a different size? Or just looking for a better tire (at a good price)?

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Good to know. Thx

Why did you move to the Coopers? Needed a different size? Or just looking for a better tire (at a good price)?
Freaking bubble in a front Hankook, and the rears were starting to exhibit some cupping (alignment and shocks were fine). I wanted to wait for spring to get summer tires, but needed something for lower winter temps. So I decided to go with a better uhpas tire for cheaper than the oem Hankooks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk