GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Project No2

saiifqadiir001

Passed Driver's Ed
Helllooo all,

I'll give you a little background on whats going on....

So I have just turned 20 and picked up a lovely Onyx White MK7 GTI, but previous to this I have a MK7 1.6 TDI, which I had a previous (semi build) which you can find here....

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11749

I wasn't very active and didn't really post a lot of the things I had done to my car then, but hoping to change it now.

Although there aren't many picture of the car once it was finished ill post some here also :D

So the previous project wasn't anything too exciting, was mostly exterior modifications just based on the fact theres little you can do with a 1.6.

However the time came for a new car, and I got a fantastic deal on a GTI, with a good amount of option extras (but no PP).

The same day I got the car, Racingline springs were fitted, as you may notice in some pictures.

The project itself isn't going to be ridiculous, but I have alloys to go on, as soon as my tyres arrive. (Bola ZZR)

Same wheels as previous, but in a new gunmetal.

Also plan for
Stage 2+
Downpipe
Spoiler
Splitter
Turbo back exhaust
Diffuser

Loads of goodies planned.
Stay Tuned.

saiifqadiir001

Passed Driver's Ed
So ive had uni finals and have barely even had time to think about the car.......but they are all over

So my tyres arrived, 4 x 2253519 Hankook Ventus V12's

got them fitted onto the new wheels and then onto the car along with 10mm hubcentric spacers

moving forward I have ordered loads of things...

Obdeleven
Scorpion Non Res Catback (Black Tips)
Carbon VW badges
White VW badge inlays
Carbon Mirror Caps (Returned, fitment was shit)
Booked in for roof wrap and mirrors (Gloss black)
Maxton v2 front splitter

contemplating Maxton rear diffuser, still not 100%

Also was in contact with THT Perfomance in Germany, who are one of the first people to produce a popping map for the mk7 models. They offered to sell the map to me, but my local remapping garage told me to avoid it, mk7s apparently don't handle them well. Really gutted because its very similar to the new RS3 8V the way it pops and gurggles...

Heres a video to their fb and of they GTI with the map
https://www.facebook.com/pg/THTPerformance/videos/?ref=page_internal
https://www.facebook.com/pg/THTPerformance/videos/?ref=page_internal

For now I am not sure when my next mods will be, especially being a full time student, sometimes funds don't allow lol. I am planning to get a r600 intake and a miltek sports cat, then go for a stage 2+, but im not in a rush.

saiifqadiir001

Passed Driver's Ed
So been really having a play with OBDeleven and it's really not bad for the price. Done a few things i.e. Led tail light coding, seatbelt warning, exhaust flaps and now just trying to gather credits for video in motion.

But moving on, a lot of my parts arrived which I had got fitted.

So carbon badges (snapped the old ones on removal)
Maxton v2 splitter
Wrapped mirrors and roof

Did have the white inlays which I paid stupid money for, and a big customs charge only to bin them because I didn't like them on the front.

Waiting on my exhaust to arrive, went with the black tips. Hopefully be fitted for next week.

However really happy with the progress, and trying to get pictures to justify how good it looks is very difficult. It's become a real head turner.

Stay tuned for more things to come [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saiifqadiir001

Passed Driver's Ed
8 months or so later.....

New modifications:

Scorpion Non Red Catback Exhaust
Scorpion Sports Cat Downpipe
VWR600 intake (swapped for APR Carbon)
APR carbon intake pipe
ECS tuning Carbon Engine Cover
034 Motorsport Carbon Fuse Box Cover
034 Motorsport Carbon Battery Cover
Maxton Rear Diffuser
Maxton Spoiler
AirRex Digital Air Suspension
MRC Stage 2+ Remap with DSG Software
YellowStuff Racing Brake Pads
Michelin PS4 tyres

Ordered:
Maxton Side Skirts
Maxton Splitter (3rd one)

To come:

OZ Ultraleggera
IS38

What I can’t get over is the midrange power that this car has, never fails to put a smile on my face. Coming from a family with a lot of nice/fast cars, I would still pick the GTI as it is sitting over most of them....

I didn’t ever plan on getting air suspension, but have always been interested in the modified car scene, and when I seen the AirRex kit going for the price it did, I jumped at it. I know they get a lot of stick, and there is a lot of negative criticism. They are absolutely fantastic, been running them for 4 months without a single issue and the drive is fantastic with them.

Still do have big plans upcoming for the GTI, including increasing the power, and possibly an R600 conversion. But let’s see what happens....

saiifqadiir001

Passed Driver's Ed
8 months or so later.....

New modifications:

Scorpion Non Red Catback Exhaust
Scorpion Sports Cat Downpipe
VWR600 intake (swapped for APR Carbon)
APR carbon intake pipe
ECS tuning Carbon Engine Cover
034 Motorsport Carbon Fuse Box Cover
034 Motorsport Carbon Battery Cover
Maxton Rear Diffuser
Maxton Spoiler
AirRex Digital Air Suspension
MRC Stage 2+ Remap with DSG Software
YellowStuff Racing Brake Pads
Michelin PS4 tyres

Ordered:
Maxton Side Skirts
Maxton Splitter (3rd one)

To come:

OZ Ultraleggera
IS38

What I can’t get over is the midrange power that this car has, never fails to put a smile on my face. Coming from a family with a lot of nice/fast cars, I would still pick the GTI as it is sitting over most of them....

I didn’t ever plan on getting air suspension, but have always been interested in the modified car scene, and when I seen the AirRex kit going for the price it did, I jumped at it. I know they get a lot of stick, and there is a lot of negative criticism. They are absolutely fantastic, been running them for 4 months without a single issue and the drive is fantastic with them.

Still do have big plans upcoming for the GTI, including increasing the power, and possibly an R600 conversion. But let’s see what happens....

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
car looks dope... would be super nervous about the lip in the winter... i actually took mine off for the winter... maybe you can air up all the way and its not an issue...

saiifqadiir001

Passed Driver's Ed
car looks dope... would be super nervous about the lip in the winter... i actually took mine off for the winter... maybe you can air up all the way and its not an issue...

exactly what I done, I had my first show last week and the weather was getting better hence why I put it on.... I am scared of breaking it tho