GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What am I missing? (B16/PSS10 Content)

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!
I am looking pick up a set of Bilstein Coilovers in the next month or so and I've settled on the B16's; exactly what I'm looking for considering the adjustability of ride height and dampening.

So Ive started shopping around and have run across them on a few sites, albeit with drastically different price points, different mfg#'s, and different pictures, but all with the exact same description of the product and features.

What difference, if any, is there between all of the products on these sites? Are they different versions of the coils for the MQB platform? I just don't want to think I'm saving $600 for the exact same product and something I'm not expecting shows up at my door. I am willing to pay more for the right or a better product but I'm obviously not going to drop an additional $400-600 for the exact same item.

So here is what Ive come across in descending order of price:

DAP- https://www.shopdap.com/catalog/pro...-gti-bilstein-pss10-coilovers/category/15187/
$2,180.00
MFG#- 48-230063

ECS- https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bilstein-parts/pss10-coilover-kit/48-251570~bil/
$1,923.17
MFG#-48-251570

The above two also provide the same accurate pictures of the product.

Uro Tuning- http://www.urotuning.com/Bilstein-B16-PSS10-Coilover-MK7-GTI-Golf-R-8V-A3-S-p/48-251570.htm
$1437.35
MFG#48-251570

Uro Tuning has the best price, same MFG as ECS, but the picture is of the B14/PSS if I'm not mistaken, since the dampening adjustment knobs are not visible, and there is no dust boot for the rear strut.

Now assuming these are all the same product (except DAP MFG# listed is different), why is there as much as a $600 gap between all three? DAP/ECS have to know that anyone who does 90sec of research will find a better price on this item. Maybe they are hoping that no one will check and just blindly purchase them at the higher price?

So, what, if anything, am I missing? At this point I'm fairly confident in purchasing them from Uro Tuning and getting exactly what I want but it never hurts to gather some input from you guys first to see if I'm overlooking something and creating a possible headache for myself.

Last edited:

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
When I was in the market for a B16 last year I noticed the same thing. According to Bilstein’s App #48-230063 got replaced by #48-251570.

I bought #48-251570 for my ‘17 GTI SE and couldn’t be happier.

Double check with Uro if they just used the wrong picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I have a 17 GTI Sport and running the 48-251570 that I bought last year. I saw a huge difference in pricing as retail is over $2k but actual selling prices were around 25% off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
this is an unfortunate time to be interested in bilstein products... im sure for most people who have the money ready, itll be much easier to buy something else than to wait for bilstein to ship in weeks/months...

MK7 AP2

Go Kart Newbie
Late May is what I have heard although someone recently reported a June ETA, frustrating to say the least. I already have springs, really don't want anything other than B8's so I will just wait it out. H&R or KW might work for those wanting coilovers now.

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
^ That was me. They told me mid/late June. Either way, it does suck. I was seconds away from pulling the trigger on a B12 kit, but now I'm looking at the Koni Sport kit, or maybe the HPA SHS or KW v1 ... Just want something to start the season with.

GTiTES81

Ready to race!
That's like saying I really want and can afford a 911 but I don't wanna wait so I'll get a Boxster. No?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

DrDavid

Ready to race!
Looks like ECS changed stats from BACKORDERED to WILL SHIP APRIL 20.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
But the price of b16s are too high in ecs.....

Enviado desde mi SM-N950F mediante Tapatalk