GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aliexpress MK7.5 Tail Lights

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Just be wary of shipping. Usually the seller will request more money to post after paying whatever price is stated on the listing

I have had this happen before where the the seller came back and asked for additional shipping. It was for an Intercooler with hoses, these are around $320 on aliexpress and eBay I purchased for $215 shipped. Seller came back, explained that they did not ask enough for shipping and asked for additional $38 in shipping. So $253 for a quality intercooler shipped via FedEx; oh yea, sign me up.

I look forward to the reviews on these tail lights.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
This thread makes zero sense.

You have a MK7 R, probably costs almost 30K pounds new in the UK, right? Yet you would choose aftermarket knockoff taillights from China over a proven OEM option just to save a couple hundred bucks?

E-acca OEM tails + a simple coding job is an absolute no brainer for a few hundred pounds more all in. I do not understand the logic....

nype

Drag Racing Champion
The reps are more than half the price and apparently don’t require coding or adapters. I’ll take my chances.

Interested to see how this works out for you.

I wouldn’t expect that both outer and inner tails would function as brake and turn, without a harness/wiring/coding.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Interested to see how this works out for you.

I wouldn’t expect that both outer and inner tails would function as brake and turn, without a harness/wiring/coding.

Could work if the replica lights were designed with the LED tail light wiring/coding in mind. He's from Ireland so I assume his R has the pre-facelift LED tail lights standard with the factory wiring/coding.

Interested to see as well if this works out.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Oh right, didn’t realize his location.

The turns won’t likely be dynamic though.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
The reps are more than half the price and apparently don’t require coding or adapters. I’ll take my chances.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but in order to get the dynamic turn signals to work, you need adapters and coding regardless if its a NA or European MK7. Half of the appeal of these lights is the cool dynamic blinkers. What is the point of going through the hassle and missing out on the most unique feature the lights have to offer?

My OEM lights were like $560 USD shipped from e-acca, which is less than a $100 difference versus your knockoff Chinese fakes (assuming you bought the ones in that link) that you're about to slap on your $40K car. Considering you need the harness for the dynamic lights regardless, it makes absolutely no sense to not go the OEM route. Adapters come with coding which took me, the least mechanically inclined person I know, all of 5 minutes to code.

To anyone looking to do this mod, please don't buy these fake replicas just to save a whopping $80 (maybe less after shipping costs from ali).

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but in order to get the dynamic turn signals to work, you need adapters and coding regardless if its a NA or European MK7. Half of the appeal of these lights is the cool dynamic blinkers. What is the point of going through the hassle and missing out on the most unique feature the lights have to offer?

With the OEM tail lights, you need wiring + adapters for the NA market. European market only needs the adapters if I recall correctly.

Personally I would go OEM for a little bit more but that's just me. Though to be fair to OP, he'd have to pay for coding and the adapters, which makes it maybe an extra 150-200$ difference (don't know how much the adapters go for nowadays)

What makes the replica lights interesting is it's advertised to work plug and play with the dynamic turn signals. We'll see what happens when OP receives them. Genuinely curious...

RJ798

Passed Driver's Ed
I spoke to the seller directly via AliExpress and he clearly stated no adapters are needed for the UK taillights, he said an adapter IS needed however if you have Halogen taillights which the OP does not have, otherwise the inner lights do not work.

I spoke to him very thoroughly about it and he seems confident they are plug and play, he even has a demo on his description with them working on a 2.0 TSI which is halogen usually.